Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Salary: Starting $46,068- $77,528
Aspen Academy offers an excellent compensation package including health, dental, vision, free telehealth, robust EAP, 403(b) with matching and more; wide-ranging opportunities for professional development including generous annual stipend; and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Salary Range: Starting annual salary $46,068 - $77,528 (based on education & experience step and ladder, max 9 years teaching experience credit)
4 Year Degree
We live and model the community’s values in thought, word and deed to students, colleagues and parents and the larger community. We are palpably committed to, supportive and co-leaders in the achievement of Aspen Academy’s vision and mission.
- Our values: Be Kind. Do Good. Work Hard. Make the World Better.
- Our mission: We edify and inspire students and educators to grow, learn and lead.
- Our vision: We are a national leader in innovative and transformative education.
Is this you?
- You cultivate students’ curiosity, engagement, growth and performance in academic, intellectual, social and emotional domains.
- You are a competent, compassionate, creative, dedicated and enthusiastic professional. You are committed to growth and improvement.
- You possess strong instructional pedagogy, a habit and practice of continual personal and professional growth, and both curiosity and expertise in the content to be taught.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Your strengths include time, organization and project management; and you demonstrate strong social and emotional intelligence, and cultural competency.
If this describes you, we can’t wait to meet you!
At Aspen Academy, we prepare students to enter, succeed in, and graduate from outstanding high schools. We are committed to providing an intentionally diverse student body with an outstanding liberal arts education within the framework of an individualized education; character, leadership and entrepreneurial development; and service learning.
If not for life, then what are we learning for? We look at learning as a way to ignite the personal passions and interests of each and every student. Our academics, partnered with a focused leadership development sequence, prepare students for life. Students thrive as they build lasting relationships with peers and teachers through small class sizes and a community focus.
Diversity and inclusion are core to Aspen Academy. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment. Every member on our team enriches our community by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world. We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and thrive because of it. Aspen Academy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and promotes affirmative action. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and military and veteran status.
If this inspires you, please apply to join our team.
Our Teachers’ Responsibilities:
- Classroom Strategies and Behaviors: Communicating learning goals and feedback, establishing rules and procedures; helping students interact with new knowledge, practice and deepen new knowledge, and generate and test hypotheses; engaging students; recognizing adherence to norms and procedures; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with students; communicating high expectations for all students.
- Planning and Preparing: Planning and preparing for lessons and units, resources and technology, needs of English language learners, needs of neurodiverse learners and differentiated learning styles, implementation of culturally responsive classrooms.
- Reflecting on Teaching: Evaluating personal performance as well as developing and implementing a professional growth plan.
- Collegiality and Professionalism: Promoting a positive environment; promoting an exchange of ideas and strategies; promoting our school and its community’s development.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred: postgraduate degree; teaching credential or license, generalist or domain specific.
- 3-5 years classroom experience.
- Evidence of content mastery.
- Proficient use of computer software, Google and learning management systems (Canvas preferred).
- Grant permission for a criminal background check upon hire.
- Meet physical demands to perform essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: Ability to work full-time, including occasional evenings and weekends; work in person/in the school building; speak for long periods of time. Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally life up to 50 pounds.
Connections working at Aspen Academy
About Aspen Academy
Aspen Academy – Be Kind. Do Good. Make the world a better place. This is the only rule at our national model school and the focus of the work that we do every day. We prepare students to enter, succeed in, and graduate from outstanding high schools. We are committed to providing an intentionally diverse student body with an outstanding liberal arts education within the framework of an individualized education; character, leadership and entrepreneurial development; and service learning. Students thrive as they build lasting relationships with peers and teachers through small class sizes and a community focus. Justice, equity, diversity and inclusion are core to Aspen Academy. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member on our team enriches our community by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. If this inspires you, please apply to join our team.