Location: Austin, Texas
Type: Full Time
Salary: Highly competitive
Rawson Saunders offers a highly competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid leave, and a very generous retirement plan.
4 Year Degree
Rawson Saunders, an internationally acclaimed school in Austin, Texas, for students with dyslexia, seeks an English/language arts teacher to join our team of phenomenal educators supporting the individual learning styles of our middle and upper school students. Creativity, enthusiasm, curiosity, flexibility, a multi-sensory instructional approach, and a passion for teaching are essential attributes.
- Providing masterfully planned, engaging lessons to students daily.
- Understanding and supporting the learning needs and instructional accommodations for each student.
- Managing small groups of students with positivity and care.
- Communicating skillfully and consistently with students and their parents.
- Maintaining communication with the administration and the parents regarding each student's progress.
- Practicing professionalism through collaborative work, reflection, inquiry, and continuous improvement.
3-5 years of experience is desired. Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Connections working at Rawson Saunders School
About Rawson Saunders School
Founded in 1997, Rawson Saunders is recognized internationally as a leader in learner-centered education and is the only full-curriculum, fully accredited school in central Texas exclusively for students with dyslexia in elementary, middle and high school. Committed to excellence and innovation, the mission of Rawson Saunders is to develop the full--and tremendous--potential of dyslexic students through an extraordinary education experience.