Location: Sarasota, Florida
Type: Full Time
Facilities or Plant Operations
Maintenance Supervisor - Uihlein Campus
The Out-of-Door Academy seeks a Maintenance Supervisor for the Uihlein Campus in Lakewood Ranch to join our facilities department.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a department leader.
- Provide direction and oversight to the facilities crew for work orders, PM’s, daily activities and events.
- Assist with and oversee the general upkeep and maintenance of the school campus.
- Oversee vendors on campus providing outsourced work.
- Provide support and assistance to the Director of Facilities as needed.
- Live the school’s mission and core values of respect, integrity, service, excellence, and responsibility.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- High school degree required.
- Three (3) or more years of related experience and/or training required.
- Strong, demonstrated handyman skills in all aspects of maintenance and repair.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment, managing simultaneous priorities effectively, with keen attention to detail, exceptional judgment and integrity.
- Proficient with technology including Word, Excel, Apple Mac OS and the Google drive platform.
- Self-directed individual who is solution oriented, flexible and works well with teams and individuals while possessing a positive attitude.
- Clean driving record and current license required.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a 12-month full-time non-exempt position eligible for overtime and available immediately. Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
At Out-of-Door, we value a diverse workforce. Applicants of any race, creed, physical ability, color, religion, sex, age, gender, sexual orientation or national origin are encouraged to apply. Once an offer is accepted, the position will require the successful completion of a national background screening and drug testing.
Connections working at Out of Door Academy
About Out of Door Academy
Located on two campuses totaling 95 acres in beautiful, Sarasota, Florida, The Out-of-Door Academy (ODA) is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school serving 800 students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. At Out-of-Door, students are happy, engaged, and excited about their academic, artistic, athletic, and personal growth. A talented and dedicated faculty challenge students to reach their full potential while providing a high level of individual guidance and support. The school’s rigorous and innovative academic program ensures that learning is both meaningful and lasting. Robust offerings in the arts, athletics and service learning enrich the ODA experience and provide opportunities for students to discover and develop their unique interests and talents. Graduates leave Out-of-Door not only academically prepared but also with the strength of character and passion for learning that provide a strong foundation for future success in higher education and in life. Out-of-Door's core values: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Responsibility are the foundation of our school community.
Out-of-Door was founded on Siesta Key in 1924 to serve student...s in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. In 1996, a second campus in the Lakewood Ranch area of Sarasota was acquired to accommodate the addition of an upper school. Both campuses have evolved and developed to meet the needs of a growing enrollment as well as to enhance and enrich the experience of every student at ODA. Today, the five-acre Siesta Key campus is home to the Lower School (PK-5), and the 90-acre Uihlein Campus in Lakewood Ranch houses both the Middle and Upper Schools. Facilities include interactive technology in every classroom, a fine and performing arts center with a black box theater, a student and STEM Center, a competition gymnasium with wellness center, a field house, a lighted stadium, tennis courts and a practice complex. A new Middle School campus was recently completed and opened in August, 2020.