Location: Los Angeles, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $75,000 to $100,000
Annual salary dependent on education and experience
Competitive benefits package
Position Description: The Director of Admissions - East Campus is responsible for leading the strategic and operational components of enrollment management at this newly combined Baby-and-Me through 6th grade school at the heart of a thriving, three-campus temple. Reporting to the Head of School and a newly formed leadership team, the Director will lead the School’s admissions processes from outreach to enrollment and support the retention efforts. The Director is charged with continuing to grow a student and family community committed to the mission of the East Campus schools and Wilshire Boulevard Temple. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of independent schools, including Jewish Day Schools, and experience in enrollment management. The Director should be a team player who has a warm collaborative nature, positive energy, sense of humor, possess superior organization and prioritization skills, understands data modeling and strategy, and is self-motivated in the completion of their work. They will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including outstanding writing and public speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, lead, and manage a comprehensive enrollment program for the Glazer Early Childhood Center and Brawerman Elementary School that incorporates current best practices in recruitment, admissions, retention, record management, registration, and tuition assistance.
- Develop long-term enrollment and retention strategies and implement them to ensure each division is filled with and retains qualified, mission-appropriate students.
- Utilize data to make decisions about recruitment strategy, resource use, and planning efforts.
- Create a sense of belonging for current and prospective families, allowing them to experience the warmth and excitement for learning that permeates the school
- Act as an ambassador and representative of WBT in fostering strong partnerships and active relationships with local feeder schools and community organizations.
- Implement a wide variety of marketing and outreach initiatives, including events, personal outreach and community and parent engagement, in collaboration with the Director of Communications and school leadership.
- Collaborate with parent association officers, school ambassadors, and other volunteers
- Work closely with the Director of School Communications to ensure consistent messaging and outreach to prospective families.
- Collaborate with the Academic Leadership Team to establish admissions standards, admissions policies, and processes for evaluating and making final admissions decisions.
- Oversee the systematic, efficient, and confidential handling of applications and student related information.
- Manage applicant and prospective family tours.
- Design and manage events including open house, divisional information sessions, applicant visit days, and new parent orientation, and assist with student orientations and new student gatherings.
- Provide timely enrollment forecasting and updates to the Head of School and the Executive Director of Education.
- A cover letter explaining interest in Wilshire Boulevard Temple and Glazer Early Childhood Center and Brawerman Elementary School and why the applicant is qualified for the position.
- A current resume.
- The names, titles, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three references and a brief description of the applicant’s relationship with each person.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title (Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management) in the subject line.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university. A master’s degree is desired.
- Strong background in independent school education.
- Background in Jewish Day School and early childhood education preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and outreach to independent and private schools.
- Familiarity with student information systems, preferably Blackbaud Enrollment Management.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to write and speak in a clear, sincere, and compelling manner, and to articulate and represent the mission and vision of Wilshire Boulevard Temple and Glazer Early Childhood Center and Brawerman Elementary School.
- Excellent communication and ability to interact with young children and adults.
- Ability to organize and attend events on evenings and weekends.
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple activities, demands, and/or projects simultaneously while maintaining a high degree of effectiveness, attention to details, a spirit of collaboration, and a sense of humor.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-starting capacity.
- Ability and professional style to work with leadership, volunteers, and other professionals in an effective and sophisticated manner.
- Experience working with sensitive information and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Transferable or related experience may include marketing, admissions, and public relations.
Connections working at Brawerman Elementary School East
About Brawerman Elementary School East
Wilshire Boulevard Temple is a vibrant Reform Jewish congregation founded in 1862 with three
locations. The Glazer (East) Campus is home to the Erika J. Glazer Early Childhood Center and
Brawerman Elementary School East, with programming for families from Baby and Me through
Grade 6, and a vibrant Religious School. Wilshire Boulevard Temple and its schools offer a
tight-knit community with an emphasis on Jewish values and the pursuit of excellence.