Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Type: Full Time
Salary: Negotiable 120,000 +
Head of School
Benefit package commensurate with other heads of school positions in the area
Established in 1977 as a ministry of St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, St. Mary’s Episcopal School is a PK through 5th grade coed, Christian, independent day school with approximately 260 students located in Edmond, Oklahoma. St. Mary's offers early childhood and elementary programming designed to help each child achieve his or her personal best. St. Mary's is fully accredited by the Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools, which is recognized by the National Association of Independent Schools and the State of Oklahoma. Its beautiful 51-acre campus in north Edmond features outdoor classrooms, athletic fields, fishing pond, walking trails, and so much more. At St. Mary’s they believe that learning through experience is powerful and strive to give their students those opportunities. The school’s mission is to provide quality academic programs in an environment fostering respect for faith, family, others, and self. The mission is fulfilled daily by a skillful, experienced, and loving faculty and staff.
In seeking its next Head of School, St. Mary’s is looking for an enthusiastic, visionary leader with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills who can inspire the confidence and respect of the entire school community. The school seeks an experienced leader who has the skills to grow a team and lead a school through growth; one who is known as a collaborator and has demonstrated skills in relationship building, mentorship and strategic thinking. The next Head of St. Mary’s must be at ease making fair and firm decisions. The school seeks an individual with a passion for elementary education who will embrace its unique Episcopal identity. This individual must be committed to continuing the school’s educational philosophy of academic excellence within a warm and welcoming environment. The next Head of School will assume office in July 2024.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Takes great joy in the company of children
- Delights in being out and about on campus visiting classes, visiting with parents on the sidewalk, talking shop with teachers in their classrooms.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in social emotional learning and can mentor teachers in helping students find joy in learning
- Ability to recognize, embrace, and implement best-practices to help children achieve high academic standards that will best prepare them to thrive beyond SMES
- A careful empathetic listener and life-long learner who possesses a growth mindset and eagerness to explore new ideas and approaches.
The following are required qualifications for this position:
- Minimum of 5-years teaching and leading in a Preschool and or k-5 school
- Master’s degree in an applicable field
- Experience in, or appreciation for, Episcopal schools and Episcopal identity.
Connections working at The Education Group
About The Education Group
We are former educators dedicated to growing independent education. Our consultants and coaches bring over 30 years of knowledge and experience to each engagement. A curated network of candidates is personally vetted for success in the placement and search.