Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The Summit Country Day School is a nationally recognized leader in character education and offers a compelling combination of small classes, caring faculty, academic rigor, and strong spiritual values. For more than a century, The Summit has maintained a proud legacy of excellence in independent, Catholic education. We offer a coeducational learning experience to students from Montessori 18 months through grade 12. The Summit is a place where values are affirmed, young minds are enriched, and dreams take flight. Learn more at www.summitcds.org.
Reporting to the Middle School Director, the Middle School Religion Teacher is a Middle School faculty member who works to provide a meaningful Catholic-based religion curriculum. This teacher works closely with all religion teachers in grades 5-8. The Religion Teacher will help students learn and apply concepts of faith. Interested and qualified candidates can send resumes to Mikayla Trinkley, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies and goals of the school. Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook
- Attend faculty and administrative meetings as needed.
- Plan, implement, and supervise the religious education program in accordance with the goals, policies, procedures, philosophy, and curriculum of the school.
- Adapt the classroom program to meet the needs of the individual student. Treat each student with dignity and respect.
- Cultivate a positive environment where each student is encouraged to reach his/her potential and to take risk.
- Supervise and manage a student advisement group
- Provide necessary and effective parent communication, including parent/student conferences.
- Work in collaboration with the other religion teachers and campus minister in the development and implementation of the school campus ministry program
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practicing Catholic with current Basic Catechetical Certification is required
- A minimum of two years of high school teaching experience is preferable
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in theology, ministry, or related field is required.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of best practices for 5-8 religious education.
- Willingness to lead mission trips a plus.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Connections working at The Summit Country Day School
About The Summit Country Day School
The Summit Country Day School is a Pre K - 12 private co-educational independent Roman Catholic School founded in 1890 by The Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The 24 acres campus is located in Hyde Park 5 miles northeast of Cincinnati, OH. The Summit with its diverse student body and highly qualified faculty provide measurably successful programs congruent with the spiritual, academic, physical, social and artistic aspects of our mission.