Location: Pike, New Hampshire
Type: Full Time
Are you ready to engage with students in a dynamic and immersive way? To have an impact on a student’s daily life, helping them work towards change and growth? To work with a team of dedicated and passionate educators that keep the student at the forefront of their daily work?
Oliverian School seeks a masters-level clinician to provide mental health counseling to our bright, engaging, and vulnerable high school students. We are an alternative, college-preparatory boarding high school for bright adolescents who are struggling with challenges such as anxiety, depression, school avoidance, and learning differences. We help students embrace their unique identities, purpose, and voice so that they can contribute to any situation to find their place in the world.
Our counselors are deeply invested in our community and must be comfortable managing professional boundaries while engaging students and parents in a variety of settings and roles. They provide individual therapy to each student in creative, adaptive and flexible ways in order to maximize emotional, social and physical well-being of students. They work within a collaborative, multidisciplinary team, coordinating and facilitating student’s skill-building and growth.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be licensed or license ready in the state of New Hampshire.
- Love working with adolescents.
- Have provided therapy in a school setting or within a community model.
- Be comfortable and experienced with a wide range and intensity of mental health issues, including safety assessment and planning.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with all necessary stake-holders and maintain organized and detailed clinical documentation.
- Have a Master’s in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related degree.
- Have knowledge of, and experience utilizing, various therapeutic modalities. Knowledge of Evidence Based Practices and a willingness to engage in Practice Based Evidence, as well as other related clinical assessment skills.
- Health Insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Vision Plan and Dental Plan
- 503b Retirement Plan: With standard matching per school plan
- Time-Off: 6- 8 weeks of vacation during regular school breaks
- Family Leave: Per school plan
- Clinical supervision
- Meals: Meals are available to faculty and their family and visitors
- Housing: On campus housing provided
If you are passionate about creating positive and supportive relationships with teens, please reach out to us!
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Mental Health Counselor" in the subject line. For additional information, please visit our website at www.oliverianschool.org.
Connections working at Oliverian School
About Oliverian School
Oliverian School is an alternative, college-preparatory boarding high school for bright adolescents who have not felt at home in traditional settings. Our supportive academic and student-life program helps students embrace their unique identity, purpose, and voice so that they can contribute to any situation and find their place the world.