Location: Lake Forest, Illinois
Type: Full Time
Salary: commensurate with experience
4 Year Degree
Lake Forest Country Day School (LFCDS) seeks a new HR/Benefits and Accounting Coordinator. This position reports to the Director of Finance & Operations and works closely with the Controller. This position will also interact with administrators, staff, faculty, parents, and alumni in a variety of roles with professional judgment, discretion, diplomacy, confidentiality, and good humor.
Key Responsibilities for the Position: This position will support the Business Office at LFCDS which is responsible for managing a broad set of functions including budgeting, accounting, and auditing; benefits and payroll; student accounts; accounts payable; receivables and cash management; risk and operational insurance; business and human resource policy and procedure; and other related activities.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Aids with and facilitates the human resource processes and provides other administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, and data entry.
- Assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 403(b) plan, and acts as a liaison between employees and insurance providers.
- Resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations.
- Supports the student enrollment and maintenance process, including peak re-enrollment registration periods.
- Processes core transactions for the business office and reconciles financial or document discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Supports key monthly and annual processes including operational insurance and benefits renewals, ledger close, payroll, payables, and receivables.
- Prepares various financial or functional reports for management and departments.
- Completes expenses and payments by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and reimbursements.
- Posts revenues by recording checks, credit card, or other payment transactions, monitors accounts to verify payments are up to date, and facilitates the collection of delinquent accounts.
- Prepares account reconciliations, journal entries, and audit schedules.
- Support summer programs and rental activities. '
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Business Office, including word processing, filing, copying, binding, scanning, organizing, etc.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests from visitors and colleagues and troubleshoots issues with vendors or customers.
- Sorts and distributes business mail and correspondence, as needed.
- Maintains school confidence and protects operations by keeping data and information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Other business office duties as assigned and developed.
- Professional and Personal Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- A business administration, human resource, economics, accounting, and/or finance degree, or equivalent experience, is preferred.
- Must be comfortable with technology tools including but not limited to Google Apps and Microsoft Office, as well as a desire to continue learning about new technology tools that increase collaboration and productivity.
- Knowledge of accounting and HR software (e.g. Blackbaud, Employee Navigator, or similar system) is a plus.
- Organizational, written, and oral communication, and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of internal controls and procedures, and GAAP reporting.
- Experience in educational or other non-profit settings is a plus.
- Integrity, ethical conduct, and professional discretion are required for this position.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Aspires always to live up to the LFCDS team’s core values.
Connections working at Lake Forest Country Day School
About Lake Forest Country Day School
Lake Forest Country Day School (LFCDS), founded in 1888, is a coeducational, independent preK-8 school located on a 29-acre campus in Lake Forest, Illinois, USA, a suburb approximately 30 miles north of Chicago. The School serves families from more than 30 communities. The School is affiliated with the Country Day School movement and is a member of The National Association of Independent Schools, The Independent Schools Association of the Central States, The Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools and The Secondary School Admission Testing Board.
Inspired teaching, academic rigor, attention to individual needs, a commitment to responsible citizenship—these principles infuse every aspect of life at Lake Forest Country Day School and define our dedication to producing students of strong character with a passion for learning.