Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Type: Part Time
5 openings available.
Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart in Princeton, New Jersey, an independent, Catholic All-girls PS-12 school. Working at Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart may be one of the most rewarding jobs you will have in your career. At Stuart, we support one another because each one wants everyone to succeed. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Stuart seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our school community and candidates who demonstrate skills in cross-cultural teaching and leadership practices, and a dedication to working in a diverse community.
Stuart Country Day School is searching for the following coaching positions:
- Varsity Track & Field (Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps, Throws)
- Middle School Track & Field
- Middle School Golf
- Middle School Lacrosse
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Part-Time - each position is a stipend position and not eligible for additional benefits
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in sports skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic, moral-ethical, and athletic development of student-athletes; demonstrate the highest priority is the health, safety, and welfare of student-athletes.
- Support the mission of the school and the Athletics Department while positively and effectively leading the student-athletes and team managers
- Exhibit leadership, professional behavior, and communication in dealings with student-athletes, parents, staff, administrators, the NJSIAA, & the NJISAA.
- Complete and/or assist with administrative coaching duties including, but not limited to:
- Roster management/attendance
- Game-day operations and score reporting
- Team Captain Parents
- Professional development
- Distribution and collection of uniforms
- Participation in athletic department special events
- Daily awareness of practice/game travel logistics
- 1-2 years of relevant coaching experience at the middle or high school and/or club levels and preferably experience at the high school and/or college level.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills to communicate effectively with student-athletes and parents.
Candidates must exhibit enthusiasm for the role of athletics in an independent school setting, vision and creativity, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.