Location: Pasadena, California
Type: Full Time
The anticipated salary range the School reasonably expects to pay candidates for this position is $66,250 to $103,673, depending on factors such as experience or education.
4 Year Degree
Sequoyah School, an independent school founded in Pasadena, California in 1958, launched an innovative high school program in September of 2016. As an extension of our K-8 program, students are guided through the deep intellectual exploration of content following a student-centered, problem-based pedagogy that offers relevant contexts for exploration and opportunities for application. Furthermore, the high school program builds upon the changemaking work practiced in the K-8 program by offering a program for Social Innovation. Finally, field studies is a hallmark of a Sequoyah education that extends interdisciplinary teaching and learning as students and teachers travel around California, the Southwest and Pacific Northwest, and Latin America to explore the natural world and engage with a variety of communities.
We are currently accepting applications for the fall of 2023.
The full time teaching position responsibilities include:
- Teach two sections of physics courses per semester, including 9th grade Conceptual Physics and advanced physics
- Teach one section of mini-course electives for the equivalent of one semester
- Act as an Advisor to a group of 10-12 students
- Facilitate a group in the Social Innovation Program (SIP) during the weekly SIP block
- Supervise Talking Leaves presentations twice a year
- Act as a chaperone on Field Studies & camping trips twice a year
We are seeking candidates who:
- Have a bachelor's degree or higher in mathematics or science
- Have 3+ years of teaching experience
- Are interested in deeper learning and competency-based education
- Are interested in participating in field studies/camping trips
- Are interested in interdisciplinary teaching
- Teach from an inclusive, anti-racist standpoint
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of high school students
To apply, interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Sequoyah has a rich history of diversity and seeks candidates to enhance that tradition. Sequoyah offers competitive salary and benefits. For more information about Sequoyah School and our hiring process, please see our website at www.sequoyahschool.org. Sequoyah School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any phase of employment. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status.