Location: New Canaan, Connecticut
Type: Part Time
Salary: $1000-$1400 per 8-hour, five-d
4 Year Degree
New Canaan Country School's Plus Program offers summer programming weeks, enrichment classes, adult and family education series, and swim sessions.
The Enrichment Lead Instructor is the primary contact for their designated group of children, Grades 1-9, in their enrichment area (Arts, Sports, STEM).
This program runs from June 14-16, June 20-22, August 7-11 and August 14-18, 2023. We expect applicants to commit to at least one full week.
The compensation for this level position is $1000-$1400 per 8-hour, five-day week (shorter 3-day weeks will be prorated).
• Lead in the direction, supervision, and organization of children within activities and throughout the program in order to meet the intended outcomes.
• Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for children within the mission and outcomes.
• Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for children and staff.
• Be a role model to children and staff in your attitude and behavior.
• Represent the program when interacting with parents or community members.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Has experience, excitement, joy, and passion for working with children
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills with all constituencies (children, colleagues, families)
• Cooperative, supportive, flexible, organized
• Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with children
• Has a strong work ethic and problem-solving mindset
• Collaborates with colleagues to design and implement a challenging, relevant and connected summer curriculum
• Understands the role of social, emotional and physical well-being in the teaching and learning process and encourages the development of lifelong healthy behavior patterns
• Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community
• Experience with emergency/crisis management and conflict resolution
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• A positive personality and an adaptable, flexible approach
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Inexhaustible energy
• A sense of humor
• Valid First Aid and CPR certificate (training available through school)
• Certified Lifeguard, a plus (training available through school)
• Ability to lift up to ten pounds
• Ability to stand for extended periods and in various temperatures
Connections working at New Canaan Country School
About New Canaan Country School
New Canaan Country School is a co-ed, independent day school for students in Pre-K (ages 3 & 4) through Grade 9 living in Fairfield and Westchester Counties. Located in New Canaan, CT, and serving 570 students, our mission is to guide students to reach their intellectual, creative, moral, and physical potential. A talented and devoted faculty engages our students in developmentally appropriate ways, delivering a challenging curriculum that builds intellectual skills and fosters creative and critical thinking. We lead by example and challenge students to fulfill their potential, find their path, and follow their passions whether in the classroom, on the playing fields, on the stage, or serving the community.