Location: Brooklyn , New York
Type: Full Time
Yearly salary $67,000 - $149,700
4 Year Degree
The Packer Collegiate Institute invites applicants interested in teaching in our Middle School Math Department in a full-time capacity for the 2023-24 academic year to apply.
Packer is deeply committed to diversity and an inclusive curriculum and community. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
This position entails teaching four sections of 7th and/or 8th Grade Math and advising a small group of Middle School students. The teaching role requires close collaboration with other Math teachers, as well as the grade-level advising team.
Packer’s commitment to families requires significant written and oral communication about student work and progress. Our commitment to students often requires sustained, individualized attention outside of the classroom. Our commitment to diversity requires a willingness to engage with complex ideas, to reflect critically on one’s own experiences, and to support students’ identities and diverse backgrounds.
Applicants should possess:
- At least three years of math teaching experience with at least two at the middle school level
- Experience or interest in implementing an inquiry-based, student-centered instructional approach
- A commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting an inclusive, just, and equitable school community
- Demonstrated ability to develop and refine curriculum to engage a diverse group of students
- A genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues
- A sincere and visible commitment to excellent teaching, utilization of best math teaching practices, and continued professional development
- Understanding of the cognitive, social and emotional development of Middle School math learners
- Comfort with and interest in working with students in an advisory capacity
- A Master’s degree (preferred)
Click here to apply.
Connections working at The Packer Collegiate Institute
About The Packer Collegiate Institute
Grounded in rich traditions while embracing the future, Packer is a diverse community that balances the value of scholarship and the intellect with the importance of meaningful and sustained relationships. Guided by dedicated adults, Packer students are challenged to develop talents, pursue aspirations, and become empathetic, responsible, globally-minded women and men.
We educate students to:
Act with Purpose and Heart