Location: Sarasota, Florida
Type: Full Time
The Out-of-Door Academy seeks an Upper School Math Teacher to join a thriving school that is committed to providing a relevant and student-centered learning experience.
Reporting to the Head of Upper School, the Upper School Math Teacher will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement Math lessons with the capacity to teach through Algebra II, focusing primarily on creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and project-based learning.
- Teach five (5) courses from beginning through advanced levels.
- Fulfill the role of an Upper School Advisor and clubs supervisor.
- Closely collaborate with Upper School faculty to support students, faculty, and families across the division.
- Live the school’s mission and core values of respect, integrity, service, excellence, and responsibility.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or Math required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience in grades 6 – 12 preferred, ideally in an independent school setting.
- Demonstrated passion as an educator who employs current advances in education and can show demonstrated success with new pedagogy.
- Invest in making contributions beyond the classroom, such as advisory, clubs, and coaching.
- A successful track record of working effectively with a wide range of constituencies including students, faculty, staff and parents.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a 10-month full-time exempt position available in August 2023. Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
At Out-of-Door, we value a diverse workforce. Applicants of any race, creed, physical ability, color, religion, sex, age, gender, sexual orientation or national origin are encouraged to apply. Once an offer is accepted, the position will require the successful completion of a national background screening and drug testing.
Candidates will be required to complete a video submission interview through the SparkHire platform. Once an application has been received, instructions on completing the video submission will be provided through an email. A candidate application will be considered complete once this video submission has been received.
Connections working at The Out of Door Academy of Sarasota
About The Out of Door Academy of Sarasota
Located on two campuses totaling 95 acres in beautiful, Sarasota, Florida, The Out-of-Door Academy (ODA) is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school serving 800 students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. At Out-of-Door, students are happy, engaged, and excited about their academic, artistic, athletic, and personal growth. A talented and dedicated faculty challenge students to reach their full potential while providing a high level of individual guidance and support. The school’s rigorous and innovative academic program ensures that learning is both meaningful and lasting. Robust offerings in the arts, athletics and service learning enrich the ODA experience and provide opportunities for students to discover and develop their unique interests and talents. Graduates leave Out-of-Door not only academically prepared but also with the strength of character and passion for learning that provide a strong foundation for future success in higher education and in life. Out-of-Door's core values: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Responsibility are the foundation of our school community.
Out-of-Door was founded on Siesta Key in 1924 to serve student...s in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. In 1996, a second campus in the Lakewood Ranch area of Sarasota was acquired to accommodate the addition of an upper school. Both campuses have evolved and developed to meet the needs of a growing enrollment as well as to enhance and enrich the experience of every student at ODA. Today, the five-acre Siesta Key campus is home to the Lower School (PK-5), and the 90-acre Uihlein Campus in Lakewood Ranch houses both the Middle and Upper Schools. Facilities include interactive technology in every classroom, a fine and performing arts center with a black box theater, a student and STEM Center, a competition gymnasium with wellness center, a field house, a lighted stadium, tennis courts and a practice complex. A new Middle School campus was recently completed and opened in August, 2020.