Location: North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Friends Academy is a small, progressive EC-8 school of 250 students on the south coast of Massachusetts. We are known for having a strong sense of community that balances academics, arts, social and emotional learning, and outdoor activities.
We seek a dedicated educator who believes in collaboration and understands the importance of relationship-building when helping students find success. We value teachers who are creative and embrace inquiry and project-based learning. We use Google and Blackbaud platforms and other assistive technologies to meet our students’ varied needs.
Qualities and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would:
- Love young students
- Serve as a role model for students and demonstrate a commitment to our school's mission
- Design, implement, and creatively deliver curriculum
- Promote responsible citizenship and respect for diversity and differences
- Have a positive outlook on the world and opportunities for young people
- Desire to contribute to something larger than oneself and have a deep-seated belief in the power of teamwork
- Differentiate lessons to meet diverse needs of learners
- Assess student learning with formative and quantitative assessment tools
- Report student learning through student portfolios, narrative report cards, and conferences
- Communicate with families on a regular basis, acting as a point of contact regarding a student’s academic, social, and emotional functioning
- Be dedicated to social-emotional learning and positive discipline practices
- Collaborate with grade teams and departments to create an integrated academic program for our students
- Help students prepare for and facilitate Student-Led Conferences
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Previous experience working with children is a plus
- A passion for lower school, a sense of humor, positivity, and warmth
- Dedication to teaching and learning in a vigorous, progressive school community with commitment to equity and inclusion.
To apply, please email your cover letter, current resume and list of three references and their contact information to email@example.com