Location: Marietta, Georgia
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Position Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Head of School
Employment Status: Full-Time 12 Month
FLSA Classification: Exempt
About the Position:
The Walker School is seeking an experienced and forward-thinking Director of Development who will be responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive institutional advancement programs with the goal of increasing constituent involvement and fundraising outcomes. The Director of Development works closely with the Head of the School and the Board of Trustees to help lead the strategic direction of the school. The position's primary role centers upon institutional advancement, fundraising, donor cultivation, prospect development, solicitation, and stewardship. The Director of Development also works with the Assistant Head of School for Operations, the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Director of Admissions to build a strong culture of philanthropy and will establish robust connections with alumni, parents, donors and the broader community. This position supervises staff in Alumni Relations and Major Gifts. The Head of School, Carl Carlson, is in his first year and is eager to find a creative and knowledgeable fund-raiser. The new Director will help design an inspirational and strategic philanthropic identity at The Walker School.
Qualifications and Skills:
- An undergraduate degree in business or a related field and a minimum of 7 years of experience in philanthropic leadership, including demonstrated experience in major gift ($25,000) acquisition
- Demonstrably strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to communicate clearly and effectively across various constituencies of a school.
- Nuanced communicator and social interpreter, curious about people, and an exemplary listener
- Strong managerial, change management, and organizational skills. In particular, experience in, and ability to, supervise and evaluate Development team members.
- Technologically literate regarding communication and database systems, as well as social media; knowledgeable regarding educational uses of technology.
- Willingness to be a visible presence at the school in all venues where the students and faculty are actively engaged. as well as be interested and able for traveling to engage donors
- Demonstrated experience in the cultivation of diverse groups of donors
- Ability to sell the Walker educational product to prospective donors
Application Materials Requested:
- Letter of interest to the Search Committee
- Three references with email and phone contact
- EC Candidate Summary (request from search consultant to complete dossier)
If you know of candidates who would thrive in and further this professional opportunity, please visit the Educators Collaborative website to see the full position description. Or, for any inquiries or recommendations contact:?
Andre’ Withers, Partner, Educators Collaborative
Connections working at The Walker School
About The Walker School
The Walker School is metro Atlanta’s top Pre-K (3)-12th-grade school open to all faiths, and our commitment to diversity provides a safe atmosphere for students to discover who they are and how to navigate successfully an ever-changing world. At the Walker School, the infinite worth and dignity of each student define our approach to learning. With an average class size of 15 students, each child is known, challenged, supported, and encouraged to explore. The Walker School is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. Cultural competence is an expectation of employment for all professional staff at Walker. Our core value of the infinite worth and dignity of the individual undergirds our mission as faculty and staff. We are particularly interested in candidates with a proven commitment to teaching and working in a diverse, multicultural setting.