Location: Telluride, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000
Full benefits in accordance with the school’s policies including:
- Choice of Health Insurance plans in line with school policy
- Short and long term disability in accordance with the school policy
- 403(b) matching contribution in accordance with the school policy
- Generous paid time off including personal, sick, and school holidays
- Tuition remission in accordance with the school policy
4 Year Degree
Telluride Mountain School - Telluride, a truly unique independent school nestled in the San Juan mountains serving students Pre-K through 12th, is seeking a Full Time School Counselor/Social Worker for the 2023-2024 school year. At Telluride Mountain School, we understand that success isn't just measured by grades in the classroom. We challenge our students to explore their environment and seek out meaningful experiences outside of the library--which is why you will often find us on the ski slopes, hiking the San Juans or exploring the world through our experiential education trips. We also recognize the importance of making strong relationships with teachers and peers, and encourage our students to build lasting relationships that strengthen their sense of community. So while academics are important here, we believe in a holistic approach to education--one that involves fostering creativity, curiosity and meaningful connections.
The School Counselor will support students grades Pre-K through 12th while working collaboratively to support teachers and administrative efforts to ensure the delivery of high-quality Telluride Mountain School education. The School Counselor will develop and implement a Social Emotional Learning curriculum (SEL) via a highly collaborative relationship with faculty and staff. The ideal candidate will be open, welcoming, and engaging to others and lead by active involvement in the life of the school. The School Counselor will have the ability to focus on the social and emotional health of the students while also working to create a healthy culture in the school.
Full job description can be found here
- BA Degree (Masters preferred) in Counseling or Social Work required. Fully licensed or Practicing with Supervision required.
- Training in mental health and experience as a Social Worker or School Psychologist with a focus on adolescence.
- Enthusiastic about engaging in school advisory and mentoring programs
- Calm and collected demeanor during crisis situations
- Highly collaborative
- Enjoys spending time and engaging with young children and other educators
- Teaching experience a plus
- Love for outdoor exploration and ability to participate in outdoor and experiential education a plus
Connections working at Telluride Mountain School
About Telluride Mountain School
Telluride Mountain School is an independent, co-educational, non-sectarian day school serving students from pre-school through grade twelve. Founded in 1998, the school has a total of 120 students in multi-aged classrooms. The student to faculty ratio is seven to one.