Location: Chicago, Illinois
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Latin School of Chicago provides its students with a rigorous and innovative educational program in a community that embraces diversity of people, cultures and ideas. Latin inspires its students to pursue their passions and lead lives of purpose and excellence.
Latin School of Chicago is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications. This position reports to the Head of School and is responsible for the oversight of the Communications Office which plays an integral role in promoting the school's faculty, students and programs within the school community as well as on a local and national level.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the strategic development, integration, and implementation of all aspects of the communication and marketing programs. The Communications team partners with every department at Latin to provide public relations, marketing, communication, and organizational support to all internal and external audiences, utilizing a variety of mediums from traditional print to social media.
- Develops and directs a comprehensive program of external communications, print materials, media relations, advertising, digital communications, social media, and all other activities related to promoting the school and its students, faculty and programs.
- Develops and implements communications plans to support school-wide strategies and goals and bring greater recognition to the school.
- Manages the schools brand and identity, including editorial and visual guidelines.
- Manages school crisis and emergency communications responses.
- Evaluates and enhances communication platforms to improve functionality and efficiency, including intranet, email system, website, emergency outreach, and social media channels.
- Serves as chief editor for school publications.
- Partners with Head of School, Assistant Head of School and Board chair on leadership communications.
- Partners with senior administrators on planning and communications support of major initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Parent Association to support and coordinate on communication efforts.
- Serves as communications liaison to the school's Board of Trustees, including reporting regularly on office activities and attending board functions as requested.
- Leads, mentors, develops, and supports Communications Office staff.
- Manages Communications Office budget.
- Serves as the lead for schools Crisis Response Team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts degree; preferably an advanced degree in communications, education, journalism, marketing, advertising, or related field
- At least seven years' experience in the communications field (public affairs, journalism, advertising, or marketing); project management experience preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Knowledge of media relations, crisis communication, and print/digital design and publication
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of web-based communications
- Commitment to education; familiarity with independent schools is a plus
- School experience preferred
Latin School of Chicago is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Connections working at Latin School of Chicago
About Latin School of Chicago
Since 1888, Latin has been committed to academic excellence in an environment that creates a life-long love of learning and supports students as they pursue their passions. Our school is home to students from throughout the city and suburbs and we value the variety of experiences that they bring to our learning environment. “Of Chicago” is more than a part of our school’s name – those words help to define the school itself.