Location: New York, New York
Type: Full Time
CGPS Mission Statement
CGPS nurtures each student’s unique passions and talents inside and outside the classroom, unifying and inspiring members of its community in a rigorous but relaxed learning environment, preparing them for the finest colleges and instilling in them the confidence, ethical values, and sense of purpose to embrace challenges, to achieve their dreams, and to improve the world.
Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School seeks a full-time History teacher to teach a combination of 8th-Global, 9th-U.S. or 10th-Modern Global (two sections of any two).
- Teach two sections of two of the following: 8th, 9th, or 10th
- Meet regularly with grade-level cohort to plan curriculum
- Provide meaningful, individualized student feedback and support
- Work closely with colleagues, department head, and prep school administration to support the academic, social, and emotional well being of all students
- Write well-written, thoughtful semester reports for each student
- 7:30am-3:30pm Monday through Friday
- Weekly faculty and department meetings until 4:30pm
- Start date: August 2023
Salary range for this role is $71,000 - $118,5000
We also offer exceptional benefits and a warm and supportive culture.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume by applying using the link below:
Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions on the basis of race (including hairstyle), color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage, age, pregnancy, marital/partnership status, immigration or citizenship status, status as a veteran or active military service member status, disability, genetic predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, prior arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, unemployment status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law (collectively, the “Protected Characteristics”).
- M.A. in History or related discipline preferred
- Ability to adapt instruction to fit physically distanced, hybrid, and remote learning environments
- Run well-managed, meaningful, and engaging classes
- Two years experience teaching at the high school level preferred
Connections working at Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School
About Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School
CGPS Mission StatementCGPS nurtures each student’s unique passions and talents inside and outside the classroom, unifying and inspiring members of its community in a rigorous but relaxed learning environment, preparing them for the finest colleges and instilling in them the confidence, ethical values and sense of purpose to embrace challenges, to achieve their dreams and to improve the world.