Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
4 Year Degree
- Teaching what is worth learning with expertise and agility.
- Fostering personal discovery through guided choice within a deep, broad, and custom curriculum.
- Cultivating multidimensional experiences that integrate the fine arts, athletics, and the academic disciplines.
- Building an intentionally diverse and inclusive community grounded in a culture of kindness.
- Engaging in meaningful partnerships with our local community and beyond.
Oxbridge Academy, a non-profit, independent, co-ed, day school, serving students in grades 6 - 12 in West Palm Beach, Florida, seeks to hire a full-time, experienced Chemistry Teacher. Employee is responsible for understanding the Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee Handbook and other school policies of Oxbridge Academy, and ensuring the adherence of these policies in job performance and self-conduct. Oxbridge faculty members create and manage a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to achieve their learning objectives and develop to their fullest potential.
- Teach sections of Chemistry and Honors Chemistry, Honors Advanced Chemistry.
- Teach sections of Physics.
- Prepare learning activities in an environment that fosters collaboration, inquiry, innovation, and personal discovery.
- Provide meaningful feedback on both formative and summative assignments.
- Adapt and differentiate teaching methods and instructional material to meet students varying needs, abilities, and interests.
- Demonstrate a willingness to collaborate within the department, school community, and greater community on multidisciplinary projects and initiatives.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records in the current student information system as required by law, policies, and administrative regulations.
- Observe students in a variety of educational environments and evaluate their academic performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, cultivating Oxbridge’s core values of kindness, courtesy, integrity, respect, and compassion.
- Advise a group of students and keep parents and legal guardians informed about student’s progress.
- Pursue relevant professional development to maintain expertise in subject matter, curriculum development, and teaching methods.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to engage the interest of middle and high school age children.
- At least three years of relevant classroom teaching experience. Ability to work well with students, parents, and all members of the Oxbridge community.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate improved learning, habits, and measurements of achievement.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use sound judgment.
Oxbridge Academy is a non-profit, independent, co-ed, day school, serving students in grades 6-12 in West Palm Beach, Florida. Oxbridge Academy commits to being a community characterized by civility, respect, and trust; a school that fosters the virtues of discipline, perseverance, and responsibility. Oxbridge Academy is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity at all levels, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Connections working at Oxbridge Academy
About Oxbridge Academy
Oxbridge Academy is a private, independent school serving grades 6-12. Regardless of their economic background, our students have access to the best teachers and technology to learn the skills they need to be tomorrow’s leaders and innovators. Teachers at Oxbridge Academy foster a lifelong love of learning, spark curiosity, encourage students to make good choices, and serve as role models. They deliver their content expertise to their assigned classes so that all students have rigorous and inclusive access to the curriculum and instruction every day to meet their learning goals. In Curriculum Coordination Teams, teachers work collaboratively on such areas as creating and revising curriculum, reviewing student work, selecting and developing instructional resources, planning and coordinating portfolio and exhibition activities, meeting with specialists, and preparing common assessments.