Location: Rockville, Maryland
Type: Part Time
4 Year Degree
The Lower School at the Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is currently seeking an instructor for our Israeli Dance program in grades 1-5. Rikkudei Am is an important aspect of Israeli culture and a connecting thread between Jewish communities around the world. This is a part-time (12 hours/week) faculty position, with flexible availability required to accommodate our school schedule.
This teaching position will require an individual who demonstrates passions for Israeli dance and education and a palpable love for and warmth with children. Candidates will possess the following experience, knowledge, skills in and dispositions toward education:
- Experience as an instructor of both classical and contemporary Israeli dances for children of elementary school age
- Knowledge of the history of Israeli dance and the ability to impart it to elementary age children
- Ability to develop unique choreography and run rehearsals for our performance groups dances at the Israeli Dance Festival DC
- A whole-child approach to education that focuses on growth in academic, social-emotional, physical, and spiritual domains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong classroom management skills
- Openness to professional reflection and feedback
- Strong organizational skills
A Bachelors degree in dance instruction, education or related field is preferred, with a minimum of three to five years of successful dance instruction required.
To learn more about this opportunity and the School, please visit https://www.cesjds.org/about/work-at-cesjds
- Faculty may be asked to perform their work responsibilities on campus and/or at home. In both settings, the teacher is required to maintain a professional environment.
- While on campus, classes may be operating either in person or in an alternative setting. Teachers are expected to be present and accessible for the entire school day (contracted hours), regardless of the setting.
- In accordance with the School's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, the School has adopted a mandatory Vaccination Policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families and the community at large from infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and the flu, which may be reduced by annual vaccinations. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities, as applicable.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The School encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.