Location: NEW YORK, New York
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
CGPS Mission Statement
CGPS nurtures each student’s unique passions and talents inside and outside the classroom, unifying and inspiring members of its community in a rigorous but relaxed learning environment, preparing them for the finest colleges and instilling in them the confidence, ethical values, and sense of purpose to embrace challenges, to achieve their dreams, and to improve the world.
Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School seeks a full-time Mathematics Teacher to teach a combination of Algebra I and Algebra II courses.
- Teach sections of Algebra I (8th grade) and Algebra II (10th grade) and possibly assist with temporary coverage of other courses.
- Use technology (specifically Geometer’s Sketchpad and Mathematica) to create professional and meaningful content and assessments.
- Provide thoughtful, individualized feedback and support to students.
- Work closely with colleagues, the department head, and prep school administration to support the academic, social, and emotional well-being of all students.
- 7:30am-3:30pm Monday through Friday
- Weekly faculty and department meetings until 4:30pm
- Start date: August 2023
The salary range for this role is: $71,000 - $118,500.
We also offer exceptional benefits, and a warm and supportive culture.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume using link below:
Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School is an equal employment on the basis of race (including hairstyle), color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage, age, pregnancy, marital/partnership status, immigration or citizenship status, status as a veteran or active military service member status, disability, genetic predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, prior arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, unemployment status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law (collectively, the “Protected Characteristics”).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or related discipline. An Education degree is preferred.
- Ability to teach engaging, problem-based, student-centered classes for high school students.
- Ability to adapt instruction to fit physically-distanced, hybrid, and remote learning environments.
- Experience teaching at the high school level is preferred.
Connections working at Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School
About Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School
CGPS Mission StatementCGPS nurtures each student’s unique passions and talents inside and outside the classroom, unifying and inspiring members of its community in a rigorous but relaxed learning environment, preparing them for the finest colleges and instilling in them the confidence, ethical values and sense of purpose to embrace challenges, to achieve their dreams and to improve the world.