Location: Potomac, Maryland
4 Year Degree
Connelly School of the Holy Child is seeking passionate Middle School teacher to join our outstanding faculty for the 2023-2024 school year. We welcome candidates that demonstrate a strong commitment to high-quality teaching, innovation, academic excellence, and a joy for learning.??Building an inclusive and diverse school community is a priority and we are committed to hiring faculty with diverse experiences and backgrounds to empower our students to connect, belong, and grow.????
Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college preparatory school, committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical, and social development of young women in grades 6 through 12. The school emphasizes academic challenge, joy of learning, and education of well-rounded women of faith and action.
This position will afford an individual the opportunity to join an energetic, collaborative, and innovative team that is focused on being a leader in an all-girls school committed to developing women of action.
- Teach courses in two or more content areas and leads an advisory classroom.
- Foster a classroom environment that is conducive to the intellectual, social, and emotional development of young women.
- Collaborate with other middle school teachers in the division to support student learning.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Maintain appropriate records, student progress reports, and follow required procedures and practices.
- Integrate the use and care of technology, equipment, materials, and facilities adequately.
- An active commitment to enhancing our school community through involvement on committees and in student life activities.
- Build culturally responsive classroom that fosters a sense of belonging and ensures that all students feel respected and challenged.
- Develop, select, and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of a diverse population.
- Demonstrated Middle School teaching experience in two or more content areas.
- Previous teaching experience required.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Energetic, driven, creative, and dependable.
Connections working at Connelly School of the Holy Child
About Connelly School of the Holy Child
Connelly School of the Holy Child Founded in 1961 by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus as a college preparatory school for girls grade 6-12. The school is part of a network of 33 Holy Child schools in the United States, Europe and Africa, which is guided by the educational philosophy of Cornelia Connelly. Holy Child enrolls approximately 300 students every year from the Washington, DC metropolitan area as well as across the globe. Holy Child creates a personal learning experience with an 8 to 1 student to faculty ratio and offers fine arts programs as well as competitive sports teams in soccer, field hockey, volleyball, basketball, cross country lacrosse and more. Service is part of the Holy Child curriculum and students last year completed 5,000 hours of community service.