4 Year Degree
The Head Varsity Soccer Coach will execute effective teaching and coaching techniques to help the athletes optimize their athletic skill, acumen, attitude, and be expected to build upon the success of the program. The Head Varsity Soccer Coach will also constructively collaborate with students and adults in a positive spirit, display and promote sportsmanship, and demonstrate a commitment to Holy Child. The Head Varsity Soccer Coach will be expected to uphold and promote the mission and philosophy of the Athletics Department, while following the rules set forth by the Connelly School of the Holy Child.
- Serve as an inspirational leader and positive role model. Thoughtfully engage in best practices in motivating student athletes in the context of Holy Child.
- Draw from a strong working knowledge of the sport to plan and facilitate daily, meaningful practices, and execute effective teaching/coaching techniques during games.
- Oversee the direction of the entire Soccer Program from middle school to varsity, and collaborate with the Athletic Director, mentoring assistant coaches.
- Market and promote Holy Child’s Soccer in the community. Work with the Director of Athletics and the Admissions Office, to provide outreach to prospective student athletes. Support student’s efforts to pursue additional athletic opportunities.
- Work with the Athletic Director and College Counseling Office, supporting students who are recruited or interested in playing at the collegiate level.
Qualified candidates must have previous coaching or playing experience, have a positive coaching style, value teamwork and sportsmanship and have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of soccer. Practices take place Monday-Friday between the hours of 3:30-6:00 and occasional Saturday mornings. Games are typically played Monday-Friday at 4:15 with an occasional Saturday. The season starts August 21 and runs through November 5. This is a stipend paid position.
Connections working at Connelly School of the Holy Child
About Connelly School of the Holy Child
Connelly School of the Holy Child Founded in 1961 by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus as a college preparatory school for girls grade 6-12. The school is part of a network of 33 Holy Child schools in the United States, Europe and Africa, which is guided by the educational philosophy of Cornelia Connelly. Holy Child enrolls approximately 300 students every year from the Washington, DC metropolitan area as well as across the globe. Holy Child creates a personal learning experience with an 8 to 1 student to faculty ratio and offers fine arts programs as well as competitive sports teams in soccer, field hockey, volleyball, basketball, cross country lacrosse and more. Service is part of the Holy Child curriculum and students last year completed 5,000 hours of community service.