Location: Lafayette, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
4 Year Degree
2 openings available.
Lower School General Studies Teaching Assistant- Contra Costa Jewish Day School
August 10, 2023- June 10, 2024
The Contra Costa Jewish Day School is a K-8 independent school with approximately 170 students, accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. We are seeking Lower School Teaching Assistant candidates for the 2023-2024 school year in General Studies who want to engage in school life and culture. The school offers small class sizes, strong collaboration between lead teachers and teaching assistants, true dedication to professional growth, and an innovative approach to learning.
The Lower School Teaching Assistant positions are an invaluable opportunity for someone interested in teaching to gain experience and work with master teachers. Teaching Assistants help with classroom set-up and daily classroom activities, lead lessons of interest under the supervision of a mentor teacher(s), receive individualized coaching, and work in small groups and one-on-one with students. They support our full General Studies curriculum, including academics, arts and PE enrichment, field trips and social-emotional learning.
Teaching Assistants participate in the school community including collaborating with other teachers on interdisciplinary projects, participating in faculty meetings and professional development, and supporting the after-school program.
Experience working with lower school-age children in some capacity (teaching, tutoring, coaching, camp counselor, nanny).
An appreciation and desire to work with all types of learners.
Enthusiasm for pursuing a teaching career.
Proficient in use of technology.
A desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Assist in implementing the daily curriculum under the direction of the lead teacher
- Assist specialist teachers in art, PE, music and drama classes
- Assist in creating a positive classroom environment where each student is encouraged to reach his/her potential
- Assist in maintaining the health and safety of students in the class
- Assist lead teacher with discipline and work with students on social and academic challenges
- Assist lead teacher in the appearance and organization of the classroom, including displays of student work and maintaining a neat and orderly appearance
- Provide lunch, playground, and dismissal supervision as assigned
- Assume leadership of class in teacher’s absence
- Assist in the Aftercare program
The Contra Costa Jewish Day School (CCJDS) welcomes qualified applicants with a variety of talents, interests, backgrounds and perspectives. CCJDS does not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or physical disability in the admission of students or the employment of staff, nor does it tolerate sexual harassment.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Compensation: $19 to $23 hourly rate commensurate with experience
- 100% Health and Dental insurance for a full-time employee
- School contribution to TIAA-CREF 403B Retirement Plan
- Generous Professional Growth Budget
For more school info visit: https://www.ccjds.org
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Dean of Faculty, Curriculum & Instruction