Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Salary: $36,000 - $52,000 DOE
4 Year Degree
Fountain Valley School:
Fountain Valley School, a selective and diverse boarding school, educates 250 students in grades 9–12 on a beautiful 1,100-acre campus in Colorado Springs, CO. Founded in 1930, the School provides a rigorous, global curriculum in academics, arts, athletics and the outdoors.
Fountain Valley School seeks experienced and dynamic educators for a Math teacher position. This position reports directly to the chair of the Math department, and is responsible for teaching classes to students in 9-12 grade. Our math curriculum includes a full range of courses from Algebra to Calculus, Advanced Statistics, Differential Equations and Discrete Math.
- Teach 4 sections of math
- Demonstrate an ability to foster sustained collaboration and professional growth within a department
- Show an appreciation for the craft of teaching along with a passion for Math as a discipline
- Coach two seasons of athletics/afternoon activities
- Serve as an adviser to a small cohort of students
- Participate in a class level retreat and help to lead a spring experiential learning trip
- Participate in committees as assigned by school leadership
- Serve as a dorm parent in our residential program (1 weeknight a week, 9 weekends a year)
- COVID Vaccine Policy: Fountain Valley School requires all community members without a medical or religious exemption to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters.
- Environment: office and indoor classroom working with some outdoor events
- Physical demands: able to sit and stand for at least 8 hours per day; must be able to lift 40 lb.
Salary Range: $36,000 - $52,000 depending on experience and degrees
Send letter of application, resume and list of three professional references to:
Fountain Valley School of Colorado
Colorado Springs, CO 80911
- Find joy in working with children and in school life
- Engage with energy, kindness, and a sense of humor
- Experience enhancing classroom learning with appropriate math technology
- Demonstrate cultural competency and skills engaging with and learning from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relations within and across multiple constituencies
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Math; advanced degree or equivalent experience in an independent boarding/day school environment preferred