Location: St. Simons Island, Georgia
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
The Strategic Creative Content Developer is responsible for helping develop and manage a proactive engagement program for Frederica’s stakeholders (students, current and former parents, grandparents, alumni, trustees, faculty/staff, special friends, and donors) that is aligned with the mission and goals of Frederica Academy. This position, working in collaboration with the Director of Development, coordinates the integration of internal and external print and electronic content and related communication platforms, including managing the school’s website and social media presence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Strategic Creative Content Developer is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Serving as the school’s website communications manager and content editor. Ensures that the website remains accurate, engaging, innovative, and relevant. Responsible for working with website host to ensure that the website runs effectively.
- Acting as the school photographer. Coordinates with division leaders, teachers, and coaches to capture classroom photos, special events, field trips, athletic team photos, athletic contests, and other activities. Edits and catalogs all photos for both internal and external (Flickr) access. Maintains a list of students who cannot be shown in photographs and ensuring that they do not appear in online and print publications.
- Overseeing the activation of social media for communication and marketing purposes. Develops daily and weekly plans for content.
- Coordinating and/or contributing to the design and publication of 1) weekly and other periodic electronic newsletters communications to parents and other stakeholders; 2) print and collateral materials for the Advancement Office in collaboration with the Chief Advancement Officer; 3) Admission materials in collaboration with the Director of Admission; 4) flyers, posters, invitations,
letters, catalogs, brochures and other collateral materials to support all functional areas of the school; 5) course catalogs and division handbooks; 6) in-house mailings; 7) special print ads 8) other electronic and print publications as needed that support the mission of Frederica Academy.
- Assisting the Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Development in the coordination and execution of advancement initiatives including development programs, donor activities, campaigns, special projects, and general constituency services.
- Assisting the Advancement Office in the execution of May Day / Grandparents Day; Derby Day, the school’s signature annual fundraising event; and other school-wide special events and programs.
- Coordinating the use and display of the school’s marquis message board to ensure consistency and frequency of messages.
- Performing other strategic and tactical duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, English, Public Relations, Graphic Design, or Business Marketing. A minimum of two years of experience in communications, marketing or related fields is preferred. Knowledge or experience with independent schools and/or non-profit
organizations is beneficial.
- Strong graphic design capabilities and technical skills required. For example, proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher); Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom); or other compatible programs or use of the Internet.
- Skilled photographer and image editor.
- Should be skilled and enthusiastic in using a variety of social media tools to communicate.
- Excellent written, editorial, and creative skills (business and technical).
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and prioritize to meet project deadlines of the school’s programs, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work normal business hours in addition to after-hours events (e.g. athletic contests, performing arts productions, etc.).
- Initiative, problem solving skills, and ability to work independently or as a team.
- Ability to multi-task and keep several projects moving simultaneously, while prioritizing work to meet deadlines (may require flexible hours when needed).
- Thoughtful and skilled interpersonal skills with a keen sense of discretion and integrity. A warm and welcoming telephone and office manner; a friendly and upbeat personality and genuine interest in working with people.
The position is a full time, twelve-month position reporting to the Director of Development. The Strategic Creative Content Developer will work normal school hours and will be entitled to two weeks of paid vacation and school holidays. He or she is required, when needed, to work extended hours during the school week or, less frequently, part of a weekend when it involves an Advancement Office event (e.g.
Derby Day, Benefield Society Party, etc.), significant athletic contest (e.g. home state playoff game), or major school-wide celebration (e.g. graduation).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual can expect the possibility of stressful environment while dealing with a wide variety of challenges and can anticipate
deadlines with a varied array of student situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Varied extreme outside weather conditions during special activities and school events are possible. The employee will primarily work indoors on campus with occasional field trips or other events off campus. Some evening and weekend commitments are required. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Please forward all resumes and inquires to Erin Zak, Frederica Academy Human
Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frederica Academy is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all personnel and applicants for employment without regard to race; color; national origin, religion; gender identity, sexual orientation; age, disability; or status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local laws.
Connections working at Frederica Academy
About Frederica Academy
A Coeducational College Preparatory School
Our Mission Statement: "To maximize the potential of each student and to prepare him or her for college and adult life through the development of mind, body, and spirit"