Location: Locust Valley, New York
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Friends Academy, Independent Day School, PS-12th grade is seeking a mission-driven, dynamic individual to fill the role of a Full-Time Associate Director of Admissions. The successful candidate will be highly professional, creative, and eager to learn. A collaborative team player, this individual will approach the role with integrity and exude a positive spirit. The Associate Director of Admissions will report to the Director of Enrollment Management and will join a team of committed and collaborative colleagues.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Establish relationships with inquiring applicants and families and maintain ongoing communication and follow up throughout the admissions process
- Serve as an outside recruiter by representing Friends Academy at school fairs and visits, and developing strategic partnerships with area feeder schools and local organizations.
- Conduct tours, interview prospective students and families and write detailed narrative evaluations of these conversations
- In collaboration with the Director of Enrollment Management, facilitate online admissions events, including curriculum-specific, and newly conceived programming
- Partner with the Branding and Communications Department to strategically recruit prospective families and develop quality materials that capture the benefits of a Friends Academy education.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all prospective and newly admitted family events
- Represent Friends Academy at all relevant admission events, which may require work in the evening and on weekends
- In collaboration with the Director of Enrollment Management, manage the Admission Club including recruiting, selection, training, and scheduling student tour guides
- Organize, implement, and facilitate the buddy program for newly enrolled students and families
- Partner with Parent Council to welcome new families into the Friends Academy community
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with students, families, faculty, administrators, and other members of the Friends Academy community
- Read and evaluate application files for admission to Friends Academy
- Serve on the Admission Committees and attend all relevant committee meetings
- Oversee classroom visits and assessments for prospective students
- Assist colleagues with Upper School placement for newly admitted students
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Bi-lingual proficiency is desired
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- 3-5+ years of previous admissions experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential situations and materials with discretion
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong technology skills are required: Proficiency with MS Word and Google Apps for Education. Working knowledge of Web based databases such as Senior Systems, SSS, and Ravenna
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; work with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values for working in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to talk; finger; grasp; sit for extended periods of time; and repetitive motion. Sedentary work: possibly exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry or otherwise move objects. Stand for long periods of time. The ability to move from building to building and around campus grounds. This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Friends Academy is committed to our guiding principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world as we deepen and elevate our educational program.
Friends Academy is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring and retaining exceptional, dedicated people of diverse backgrounds. We consider qualified individuals for employment with the School regardless of age, color, disability status, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. It is Friends Academy’s policy to comply with all applicable laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
We invite you to read our community welcome letter from our Director of Diversity, Equity, + Inclusion
Connections working at Friends Academy
About Friends Academy
We achieve educational excellence by committing to the highest standards of learning and living. Our diverse and welcoming community is strengthened by our Quaker values, which empower our students to inquire, reflect, and engage in their classrooms, in their neighborhoods, and in the world. Because when we inspire students to learn and live with purpose, they achieve greatness without sacrificing goodness.