Key School is seeking part-time staff members to support the School’s After School Program, serving students from 2.5 years through 8th grade, from 3pm to 6pm Monday through Friday, through June 8, 2023.
Qualified candidates will be at least 18 years of age and have one year of experience working with children.
- Provide care and oversight to students, including a daily snack as well as indoor and outdoor play, and as appropriate, provide homework support.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities for students in collaboration with team members
- Maintain health and safety standards that promote high quality care for young children as prescribed by the Maryland Department of Education, Office of Child Care.
- Work collaboratively with the After School Program Division Leader in providing a consistent approach to supporting each child’s developmental needs.
Successful Candidates must:
- Maintain First Aid and CPR certification
- Participate annually in required CEU training approved by the Maryland Department of Education, Office of Child Care
Founded in 1958 by professors from St. John's College, Key School engages children from 2.5 years of age through grade 12 in a progressive, coeducational, college-preparatory, day program on its picturesque 15-acre campus located 4 miles from downtown Annapolis. Perhaps no mandate in Key School's Mission Statement lies closer to the heart of the community than its injunction to "Sustain an ethical school culture that engenders an inherent respect for the dignity of every human being, recognizes that personal liberty must be balanced by personal responsibility and individual action by the needs of others, and stresses to all members of the School community the importance of trust, mutual respect, and compassion."
Key students are collaborative critical thinkers who are motivated and open-minded. Highly committed to their students, Key faculty and staff are supportive, industrious, creative, and approachable. A student-centered environment, Key places great value on respectful open discourse among students and adults alike.
With a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, Key is particularly interested in candidates with experience in creating inclusive school settings and who are culturally responsive. We are seeking candidates with a commitment to educational equity and justice. Key School is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send a resume and names of three references to First School Division Head, Becky Fetters at email@example.com