Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
PRESCHOOL LEAD TEACHER POSITION
Kingsley Montessori School is a toddler through sixth grade independent school of 300 students in Boston’s historic Back Bay. Our mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens. A diverse, equitable, and inclusive community is integral to fulfilling our mission. Kingsley Montessori School strives to be a place where each person feels a sense of belonging and respect, recognizes and appreciates the richness that is added to our community through diversity, and is empowered to take action against injustices. We actively create such a community through our programming, our professional development, and our hiring, admissions, and governance practices. Kingsley’s high standards of professionalism are maintained through supportive and ongoing supervision and evaluation, development, and growth.
DESCRIPTION and REQUIREMENTS:
We seek a dynamic, experienced, culturally-aware teacher for a progressive Montessori program that honors educational best practices. As a Lead Teacher for ages 3-6, the successful candidate will share responsibility for leading all aspects of students’ classroom experience, including developing strong partnerships with colleagues and families. All lead teachers attend regular meetings and observe, advise, and serve as a mentor and role model in the areas of student needs, preparing the classroom environment, curriculum development and delivery, classroom routines, family communication, and record keeping. Elementary Lead Teachers report to the Director of Early Childhood Education. We actively seek candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of all students
- Lead academic and behavioral routines
- Maintain professional communication with peers and families and exhibit a receptive and collegial demeanor
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community
- Perform arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, monitoring, and other support duties as needed
- Participate in and support special events/activities
- Participate in professional development initiative
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING VIA EMAIL TO: email@example.com
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position including your background and experience
- Current resume
- List of three current/past supervisors with email addresses and phone numbers
Kingsley Montessori School values and celebrates diversity because it makes us a better employer, builds a stronger school community, develops a sense of collaboration, and encourages mutual respect and broader thinking. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- BA/BS; MA in education and/or 2-6 American Montessori Society (AMS) or Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) credentials
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Experience with a variety of instructional methods and multi-age learning environments
- American Montessori Society (AMS) or Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) credentials are a plus but are not required if the candidate holds an MA in education
Connections working at Kingsley Montessori School
About Kingsley Montessori School
The Kingsley Montessori School’s mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers an educational program tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. We are committed to the health of our students and have put in place rigorous safety measures to operate in person, including cohorting, required mask-wearing, and advanced cleaning protocol. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools. Our program’s commitment to knowing every child and to partnering with parents propels students to access their potential.