Location: Mill Valley, California
Type: Full Time
Salary to be based upon experience
Located fifteen minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Mill Valley, Mount Tamalpais School (MTS) is a K-8 co-educational independent day school serving 240 students. At MTS, learning is revered, and education is joyful. We lead with kindness, honor childhood, and practice active inclusion. MTS students, well prepared for their future while remaining young at heart, and bring a multitude of diverse and unique backgrounds to our community. MTS Professional Community members are passionate about their areas of expertise and the mission of the school. Likewise, all adults on campus share a continual commitment to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive school community.
MTS is currently recruiting an experienced, enthusiastic, and committed Associate Advancement Director to manage the school’s Annual Fund program, work with parent volunteers on Parent Association events and priorities, and coordinate some of the school’s nascent alumni program. The primary responsibilities of this role are to support and grow the culture of philanthropy and active constituent involvement at MTS. A key role in the growth and advancement of the school’s mission, the Associate Advancement Director leads with collaboration and positivity, is student-centered, and serves the community in a manner aligned with the values of the school and its leadership.
Reporting to the Advancement Director, the ideal candidate will:
- Collaborate with the Advancement Director and Admissions and Advancement Manager to plan and manage the MTS Annual Fund strategy and program, focused on reaching a goal of $1 million and building current parent, grandparent, and alumni participation
- Conduct prospect research on prospective donors
- Recruit, manage, and steward Annual Fund volunteers, using discretion to navigate solicitation logistics and scenarios
- Collaborate with the Advancement Director and Director of Equity and Inclusion to create and incorporate concrete strategies for equity and inclusion in fundraising
- Manage and support the MTS Parent Association (PA) in their work on behalf of the school
- Work closely with the PA volunteers to plan and execute Big Night Out, the MTS annual community event and fundraiser
- Collaborate with the Advancement Director to support other PA initiatives and activities
- Manage and support engagement and stewardships events and programs, as well as other advancement events, including, but not limited to: annual leadership donor stewardship reception, local alumni happy hours and other alumni events, and alumni parent bi-annual reception
- Manage event and program budgets, ensuring that they stay with guidelines
- Participate in team projects and other duties as necessary in a collaborative work environment
- Engage in the life of the school
- Other duties as assigned by the Advancement Director or Head of School
- Five to seven years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Commitment to the mission and values of Mount Tamalpais School
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and sensitive information
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with technology, including Google and Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience with donor databases; Bloomerang experience a plus
- Demonstrated event planning or project management experience
- Some evening and weekend work required
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as your anticipated contribution to the MTS community given the job description, along with your resume, and a list of three references to Christina Zarich, MTS Operations Manager, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). All application information is kept confidential until candidates reach the semi-finalist stage of the hiring process and/or grant permission to contact references.
MTS is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at MTS are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, religion, and genetic information. Candidates of color and from other groups traditionally underrepresented in independent schools are encouraged to apply.
Connections working at Mount Tamalpais School
About Mount Tamalpais School
Mount Tamalpais School, 100 Harvard Ave, Mill Valley, CA 94941 (Telephone 415-383-9434), is a coeducational day school enrolling children in Kindergarten through Grade 8. The suburban community of Mill Valley is 12 miles north of San Francisco in Marin County. Students have access to the museums, theater, opera, symphony, and ballet of the city, and visit the Pacific Ocean and Mount Tamalpais for hiking and nature study. Private bus service is available between the school and local communities; public bus stops are within walking distance of the campus.
Mount Tamalpais School is dedicated to the active pursuit of knowledge and to integrity, community service and fairness. We want our students to embrace diversity, honoring the value of each individual's strengths, choices, feelings and ideas. We strive to celebrate the human spirit by being responsible members of our families, our school community, and our world. We are committed to a strong, interactive and multidisciplinary curriculum, designed to challenge and enlighten, and to faculty who serve as guides and role models for our students.