Location: Brooklyn, New York
Type: Part Time
4 openings available.
Poly Prep seeks applicants for the position of Advancement Intern. The purpose of this position is to assist the Advancement Office with projects. This work positively impacts alumni and community outreach along with funding for school initiatives, and will directly be involved in data entry, research, event organization, and donor stewardship. While the position focuses on administrative tasks and goals, the position is developmental and a great role for gaining office experience and specific skills related to fundraising and education administration.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Research and update Alumni contact information both in our fundraising database and within designated spreadsheets
- Call and email alumni and other constituents to foster stewardship and relationships with our community
- Transcribe annual academic/athletic awards and club rosters
- Create and organize event name tags and various event materials
- Assist in packing/labeling Poly appreciation swag to be sent to campaign prospects and other community members
- Create and update student records to reflect annual club participation, athletics, and other extracurricular activities
- Preserve confidential matters and information for Poly Prep
- Assist in advancement mailings and other tasks as assigned
Pay Rate: $15-$16.50/hour
Poly Prep strives to be an equitable, just, and diverse community, one proud of and deeply committed to empowering students to discover who they are and what they want to be. In keeping with the country day school philosophy, we seek community members who will share a passion for learning. Every community member at Poly Prep aspires to uphold our mission “to support and inspire the next diverse generation of leaders and global citizens to act with intelligence, imagination and--above all--character.”
How to Apply: Interested applicants should go to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=77fb72f9-1514-4f33-b164-2affd41296f6&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US to submit their resume, cover letter and specific evidence of qualifications to Lauren Bonventura, Director of Advancement Services.
Poly Prep is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Education: Currently enrolled in high school or undergraduate college
Experience: Not required
Specific Skills: Knowledge and use of Google suites, internet research, and good organizational skills with attention to detail.
Certifications: Not required
Special Requirements: Not required
Requirement: All employees must be fully vaccinated and show proof of their full COVID 19 vaccination