Location: New York, New York
Type: Part Time
Rudolf Steiner School seeks an experienced Head Coach for the Fall season for Middle School Girls Volleyball, Middle School Soccer and Spring season Tennis Club. The Head Coach reports to the Athletics Coordinator.
Qualified candidates must have previous coaching and/or playing experience, have a positive coaching style, value teamwork and sportsmanship and have a strong understanding of the sport. Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 1:30PM to 6:30PM or later depending on sport/game schedule needs. This position will require travel with teams and overnight stays for tournaments. This is a seasonal stipend paid position.
Rudolf Steiner School, an independent nursery to 12 school and the first Waldorf School in North America, is located on Manhattan's Upper East Side.?The school is committed to building a healthy, inclusive community that reflects the diversity of NYC. We value an interest in diversity and multi-cultural competence. Rudolf Steiner School is accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Assure all required equipment is taken to practice/games and brought back to the school.
- Take daily attendance and email or text daily attendance reports to the Athletics Coordinator.
- Assure all student athletes travel together to practice/game facilities and back, unless given permission by student athletes’ parents.
- Be able to assist or cover a physical education class if needed.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience in the sport
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of NYC boroughs for travel on public transportation
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification required
- Interest in and appreciation for Waldorf Education
- Versatility, enthusiasm, punctuality, creativity
To be considered for the Head Coach position, please submit a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three references to our Employment Page. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Rudolf Steiner School is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, predisposing genetic characteristics, actual or perceived domestic violence victim status, unemployment status, or any other category protected by law. The School takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance all qualified candidates.