Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Type: Part Time
Part-Time Head Girls Soccer Coach
LHSAA Soccer: Division III
The Academy of the Sacred Heart in New Orleans, founded in 1867, is an independent, Catholic, college-prep institution for girls offering 17 years of instruction for one-year-olds through twelfth grade. Academy of the Sacred Heart is one of 25 Network of Sacred Heart Schools in the United States and Canada sponsored by the Religious of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ).
The Academy of the Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer. A goal of the Academy of the Sacred Heart is to hire and motivate an outstanding and diverse faculty and staff who work together harmoniously toward the common mission. Please visit ashrosary.org to learn more about the school, mission, and future plans.
The Academy of the Sacred Heart seeks a Part-Time Head Soccer Coach. The head soccer coach will report directly to the Director of Athletics.
S(he) works with the Director of Athletics, Division Heads, Dean of Students, students and parents to ensure that the spirit and the life of the soccer program reflect the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education.
Head Soccer Coach will
- Understand, embrace and implement the school's mission and philosophy as written in the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria; participate in the Christ-centered life of the school; and model the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues and administration.
- Provide leadership in all phases of a competitive LHSAA DIII Soccer Program. Coach is responsible for the planning, organizing and management of the program including game and practice scheduling.
- Teach and coach student-athletes to develop and acquire the tactical, technical and physical knowledge required to be a competitive soccer program.
- Organize and plan practices and game strategies.
- Assist with uploading and breaking down film utilizing Hudl.
- Responsibilities include player development and game preparation. The Head Coach must scout opponents to create successful game plans.
- Assist with the team’s strength and conditioning program.
- Work in collaboration with Athletic Director to handle all administrative duties related to the soccer program, including handling posting schedule and results, All-District, All-State, All Star game nominations.
- Devote commitment, passion, and energy into all Sacred Heart athletic teams, including but not limited to attending sporting events and supporting fellow coaches and the Sacred Heart student-athletes.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are required, and occasional overnight travel.
This list does not reflect all job duties. We welcome open discussion during the interview process.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- US Soccer License(s)
- Knowledge of the LHSAA eligibility process
Applicants should submit a cover letter, current resume and references online at ashrosary.org/careers
- Cover letter indicating why they are particularly interested in and qualified for the position.
- Current résumé.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. (We will obtain permission from candidates before contacting references.)
The Academy of the Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer. The goal of the Academy of the Sacred Heart is to hire and motivate an outstanding and diverse faculty and staff who work together harmoniously toward the common mission.
Connections working at Academy of the Sacred Heart-New Orleans, LA
About Academy of the Sacred Heart-New Orleans, LA
The Academy of the Sacred Heart is an independent, Catholic, college-prep institution for girls offering 17 years of instruction for toddlers through twelfth grade. Academy of the Sacred Heart is one of 24 Network of Sacred Heart Schools in the United States-Canada sponsored by the Religious of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ).