Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Bolles proudly employs over 400 full time, part time and seasonal faculty, staff, coaches, and administrators. Serving over 1,700 students on our four campuses in Grades Pre-K through 12, Bolles has a rich history in tradition and achievement that extends to our hiring practices and the professionalism and respect garnered in the independent school community.
Upper School represents the culmination of all which Bolles offers in educational excellence and college preparation. A highly committed faculty, consisting of teachers who are recognized as educational leaders in their subjects, presents a curriculum which promotes individual motivation and makes learning a stimulating experience. Within this accelerated academic environment, there are stirring moments of discovery and victories over difficult assignments. Each student is offered the opportunity to excel in some way by exploring personal interests and abilities. Challenging each student to feel that level of personal satisfaction is the goal of those involved in Upper School teaching.
The Bolles School searches worldwide for faculty & staff who demonstrate experience in their field of study.
Position Purpose: Responsible for providing library information and technology resources to the upper school community of students, faculty, and administration.
- Effectively plans and directs the upper school library program to meet identified needs of upper school division
- Responsible for the maintenance of a student-centered, friendly environment conducive to learning
- Directs and manages collection development for all print and digital collections including acquisitions, processing, organization, maintenance, and inventory off all collections
- Maintains policy and procedure for selection, acquisition, and circulation of resources in all formats
- Introduces and familiarizes faculty and students with the latest in information resources and encourages the ethical and judicious use of these resources
- Provides group and individual instruction for students in location of resources and use of research techniques
- Provides professional development for faculty via workshops and individual guidance
- Works collaboratively to design, develop, and implement programs to encourage reading for enjoyment
- Works collaboratively to design, develop, and implement reader’s advisory and course guides for faculty and their classes
- Maintains a current awareness of young adult literature and services, as well as professional trends, methods, and ethics
- Cooperates and networks with other library systems and maintains professional library memberships
- Manages the budget and financial reporting for the upper school library
- Monitors and maintains acceptable student behavior; ability to run circulation and reference desks
- Supervises and evaluates two Library Assistants
- Collaborates with the elementary & middle school Librarians for a cohesive K-12 library program
Make full use of professional development opportunities to keep current in professional practices and developments, information technologies, and educational research applicable to the library program and the school as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study from a four-year college or university; Master’s degree in Library & Information Science preferred.
- Three years of Librarian experience required; preferably in an independent school environment
- Familiarity with Follett Destiny catalog system and database
- Familiarity with OverDrive Sora catalog system and database
- Familiarity with Springshare software & LibGuide management
- Familiarity with Cengage Gale research databases
- Competent in the Windows Suite environment
- Competent in LMS learning programs (Schoology)
- Familiarity with the FCIS/SACS library standards and requirements helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrates and enthusiastically supports the School’s Mission
- Performs in a manner that reflects positively on The Bolles School
- Communicates well and works effectively with all school personnel and families, as well as with the larger business and educational community
- Perform other duties as requested
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the school and other facilities as needed.
Connections working at The Bolles School
About The Bolles School
The Bolles School is a nationally renowned, independent day and boarding School serving over 1,600 students in Pre-K through grade 12 on four campuses in Jacksonville and surrounding communities. A leader in academics, arts, and athletics, the School is firmly rooted in the principles that have characterized its community and traditions for nearly 85 years: pursuing excellence through courage, integrity, and compassion. The vast resources and expert instruction available to students as they explore and hone their individual interests and strengths are embodied in the School’s motto -- All Things Possible -- and students eagerly embrace the myriad of opportunities available to them both in and out of the classroom.