Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Middle School Humanities Teacher
Chapin School, Princeton NJ
About Chapin School
Chapin is a 200-student age-three through eighth grade, co-educational school in Princeton, New Jersey. Celebrating its 90th year, the school has an excellent academic reputation and outstanding secondary school placement record.
Chapin School’s Mission
Chapin is dedicated to the belief that lifelong habits of the mind and heart are formed in the elementary and middle school years. Chapin provides a richly textured education that inspires academic achievement and builds strength of character. Within a diverse, caring, and supportive community, we prepare our students to meet the future with skill, confidence, determination, and generosity of spirit.
Chapin School Princeton is seeking a middle school Humanities teacher beginning Fall 2023 who is committed to nurturing and supporting middle school aged students. Humanities is an interdisciplinary course for students in grades 5-8 combining the study of English and Social Studies. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and creative teacher with enthusiasm for working with middle school students, a commitment to innovative pedagogy and collaboration with colleagues, and a comfort and familiarity with using relevant technology to enhance learning. The middle school Humanities teacher reports to the Humanities Department Chair and the Assistant Head of School.
- Teach two Humanities classes (the equivalent of four sections - two sections of English and two sections of Social Studies) in grades 6-8.
- Serve as an advisor in middle school (grades 6-8).
- Collaborate with colleagues to design and improve curriculum and engage students at a variety of levels.
- Meet school guidelines regarding grading, recordkeeping, and use of the learning management system to post information about classes.
- Participate in school-wide activities such as workshops, special events, and professional meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- Teaching experience in middle school preferred.
- Forward thinking and creative teacher.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Comfort with technology integration.
- Experience with differentiated instruction.
- Commitment to collaborative and innovative teaching styles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working in independent schools preferred but not required.
Send electronically in one email and separate pdf documents to:
Assistant to the Head of School
Chapin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks a diverse and broad spectrum of qualified candidates.
Connections working at Chapin School
About Chapin School
The Chapin School of Princeton New Jersey, a co-ed three-year-old through eighth grade school dedicated to the belief that lifelong habits of the mind and heart are formed in the elementary and middle school years. Chapin provides a richly textured education that inspires academic achievement and builds strength of character. Highlighting the five virtues of good character; Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, Kindness, and Perseverance; these values are interwoven into the whole community at Chapin making it a warm and supportive community for all.