Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Type: Part Time
The Hun School of Princeton seeks a dynamic and creative part-time Middle School U.S. History Teacher (7th grade) for a position beginning in August, 2023.
The Hun School of Princeton’s Middle School creates an atmosphere that fosters active student participation in the learning process. Students are encouraged to think creatively while constructing ideas and solving problems. Incorporating the latest technology, students become critical thinkers and collaborate in small and large groups as they learn to think logically and critically.
- Two (2) sections of 7th grade U.S. History;
- Continuous professional growth in the content area;
- Contributions to Hun community life beyond the classroom in roles that could include serving as an advisor, coaching two seasons, and directing a co-curricular club.
- A bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred;
- Three years of full-time teaching experience is preferred, but other relevant experience will certainly be considered;
- Knowledge of K-12 Mathematics standards and frameworks;
- Ability to teach a range of courses in the discipline;
- A love for working with young people;
- A commitment to a diverse and inclusive community;
- A passion for teaching in an innovative, experiential, and student-centered environment;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with students, parents, faculty, and staff;
- Personal qualities including resilience, approachability, and kindness;
- Excellent technology skills and experience integrating technology into the curriculum;
- A desire to contribute to school life outside of the classroom on a lively school campus.
To apply: https://hunschool.isolvedhire.com/jobs/
Connections working at Hun School of Princeton
About Hun School of Princeton
The Hun School of Princeton is an all gender, private day and boarding school in Princeton, New Jersey. Individual attention and strong student-faculty relationships are the hallmarks of the School. On the 50-acre campus between Philadelphia and New York City, student-centered, hands-on learning prepares students for the global community in which they will live and work. The Hun School is comprised of 645 students in its Middle School, Upper School, and Postgraduate Program. Our campus is home to students from twenty-two countries and fifteen states.
Our campus is located in historical Princeton, New Jersey, a short train ride away from both New York City (50 miles) and Philadelphia (45 miles). Home to Princeton University, The Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton Theological Seminary, and an array of cultural centers and organizations, Princeton is regarded as one of the most academically-minded communities in the world. Often named one of the country’s best places to live, Princeton is a friendly, multicultural community surrounded by mountains, parks, and lakes. There are award-winning museums and theatres, celebrated public and private schools, destination restaurants an...d hotels, and a robust calendar of community events to enjoy.
The Hun School of Princeton empowers each student to thrive in a diverse and ever-changing world, by nurturing resilient character, providing individual mentorship, and inspiring vigorous and joyful learning.
In our mission of educating global citizens with resilient character, we actively seek candidates who can bring a diversity of experiences and perspectives to our community. The Hun School of Princeton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics or activity protected by law.