Location: 77381, Texas
Type: Full Time
The John Cooper School is seeking a Middle School Mathematics Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
The John Cooper School, located in The Woodlands, TX, on a beautiful 40-acre campus with a total enrollment of 1,300 students, is an independent, coeducational college preparatory day school serving students in Prekindergarten through Grade 12. The Middle School (Grades 6 - 8) is a dynamic, caring, and collegial environment that fosters curiosity and joy in our middle-aged learners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in the MS Mathematics Department; courses may include Algebra I, Pre-Algebra, or Introduction to Algebra
- Advisor to a small group of Middle School students
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics Education or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years Middle School teaching experience; independent school experience preferred
- Strong commitment to students’ progress, success, and social-emotional well-being
- Commitment to student-centered pedagogies and authentic assessments
- Knowledge of current best practices in Middle School education
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues--a team player
- Openness to and enthusiasm for learning and professional growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues
Connections working at The John Cooper School
About The John Cooper School
School Type: Independent, college preparatory, non-sectarian, non-profit, co-educational day school for grades PK through 12Founded: 1988; first graduating class – 1994; alumni - 1,479Location: The Woodlands, TX, a planned community 40 miles north of HoustonAccreditation: Accredited by The Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS); member of The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).