Location: Haddonfield, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
Haddonfield Friends School is seeking a Kindergarten teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. The qualified applicant will have an understanding of and strong affinity for Quaker philosophy, a strong desire to engage in lifelong learning, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
Strong candidates will bring:
- 3-5 years teaching experience in the primary grades
- A genuine understanding of child development and respectful, restorative behavior management techniques
- An ability to teach to the whole child, including enthusiasm for inquiry and project-based learning, field trip planning, service integration, and extra-curricular availability
- An openness to collaboration and planning with colleagues and faculty across all grade levels
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and feedback, including understanding and application of current research
- A rich repertoire of teaching strategies to address a variety of learning styles and needs
- Strong communication skills with colleagues, parents, and students
- Strong technology skills and experience with technology integration in the classroom
- An ability to meet varied tasks and responsibilities with integrity, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, and humor
Qualified Applicants should submit the following:
A cover letter to Matthew Sharp, Head of School; resume/curriculum vitae; statement of educational philosophy; teaching certificate; and list of 3 references or three letters of recommendation, to:
email@example.com (Include ‘Kindergarten Teacher’ in the subject line.)
Connections working at Haddonfield Friends School
About Haddonfield Friends School
Haddonfield Friends School is an independent Quaker school educating students from age two through eighth grade.Conveniently located close to the PATCO Hi-Speed Line train, we are an easy commute for families across South Jersey and Philadelphia. Accredited by the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools.
Our Mission: Haddonfield Friends School prepares joyful and inquisitive young minds to carry the light of confidence, critical thinking, creativity, and stewardship in a diverse community of learners.