Location: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
This is a full-time, reporting to the Director of Marketing and working closely with the Associate Director of Marketing.
The Shipley School's new Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will capture daily life at Shipley and create compelling digital content in support of the School's marketing plan and brand strategy. This person will be responsible for the coordination of Shipley's social media efforts, creating and scheduling written, photographic, video, and other content for multiple digital platforms to increase community engagement and awareness about Shipley.
- Capture events and daily life at The Shipley School through compelling video, photo, and text content.
- Create, edit, and post content on the School's website & social media channels.
- Manage daily interactions on Shipley's main social media channels and account.
- Maintain a social media editorial calendar in collaboration with the Marketing team, and with other departments and school social media account owners.
- Support the content needs of other teams and marketing projects.
- Assist in the use, maintenance, and organization of Shipley's brand assets.
- Create, send, and support the design of marketing emails.
Qualifications and Expectations
The perfect candidate for this position:
- Is a strong writer and proofreader.
- Has a good sense of design.
- Exhibits habits of a lifelong learner.
- Is familiar with social media best practices and trends.
- Can create basic videos.
- Shows an interest in and understands the basics of good photography.
- Is detail- and deadline-oriented.
- Is technologically savvy and data driven.
- Can align content to Shipley's mission, messaging, and brand strategy.
- Is able to work some nights and weekends.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Has some familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and video editing software.
- Google Analytics and social media metric analysis experience a plus.
The Shipley School, founded in 1894, is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school currently enrolling 835 students in grades Pre-K through 12. Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the school is committed to educational excellence and dedicated to developing in each student a love of learning and compassionate participation in the world.
The Shipley School is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The school will make all employment decisions for employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, age, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity, and expression, creed, genetic predisposition, victim of domestic violence or any other basis protected by law.
Interested candidates should complete the online application. Cover letter and resume should be uploaded in the resume section of the application. Applications received missing supporting documents will receive less consideration. Please note - clearances are not required at the time of application but will be required for employment. No phone calls, please.