Location: New York, New York
Type: Part Time
Salary: $90.00 - $108.00 hourly
2 openings available.
The Spence School Instrumental Music department seeks accomplished, passionate piano teachers to join our Instrumental Music faculty. These positions represent an exciting opportunity to join a growing department engaged in fulfilling our mission to nurture student imagination and self expression through instrumental music study and performance.
- Teach weekday private lessons to K-12 students, 1-10 hours per week
- Communicate regularly with the Director of Instrumental Music, as well as parents of students
- Keep attendance records
- Prepare students for concerts and other performance activities
- Participate in faculty concerts and community events
- Participate in professional development and meetings as necessary
- Evaluate student progress
- Use age and skill-appropriate repertoire of all types of music literature
- Finds joy in working with children and in school life
- Approaches work with optimism, energy, kindness, and a sense of humor
- Demonstrates cultural competency and skills engaging with and learning from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Supports Spence’s commitment to equity
- Possesses an advanced degree or equivalent experience
- Has sustained experience teaching young children
- Experience as a performing professional musician
- Possess strong writing, verbal and organizational skills
Spence is committed to an equitable program and a diverse faculty and student body. We therefore actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Please note that the School has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires that all employees be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
Connections working at The Spence School
About The Spence School
The Spence School, founded in 1892, is an independent school for girls and young women with an enrollment of 750 students in Grades K–12. Spence is committed to an equitable and inclusive program and a diverse faculty, staff and student body. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.