Location: Dallas, Texas
Type: Full Time
Ursuline Academy of Dallas is seeking a full-time teacher for Computer Science. The ideal candidate will possess:
- a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering; further degrees are preferred
- experience with programming languages preferably Python or Java (robotics application a plus)
- experience in design thinking, engineering, making, and/or fabrication, and a project-based learning environment preferred
- is excited by the possibility of leveraging student interests, has the flexibility and agility to pick up new technologies, and learn alongside students to create authentic and meaningful learning experiences
- the flexibility to teach a variety of Computer Science courses and grade levels
- at least two years teaching experience at the secondary school level and in-depth knowledge of subject matter
- a positive, professional, collaborative work style
- the ability to educate in an engaging manner with unique and creative lessons
- an enthusiasm for collaboration and participation in a community of learners who are excited to grow and engage in giving and receiving feedback
- a forward-looking energy for thoughtful innovation
- a readiness to build a learner-driven classroom culture that embraces student voice and choice
- an understanding of the importance of cultivating student well-being in girls and creating an inclusive, equitable classroom
- the dedication to ensure the spirit and life of the school mission
We seek candidates who embrace learner-driven pedagogy and a commitment to investing in teaching/learning relationships with students.
In addition to classroom responsibilities, full-time teachers at Ursuline Academy serve as advisors, actively participate in non-academic student activities such as moderating clubs, chaperoning events, and student supervision, and enthusiastically pursue professional development opportunities as they join a Catholic, independent school culture.
Teaching experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls’ environment is strongly preferred.
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
Contact: Interested applicants should download the Employment Application, Background Check, and Pre-Employment Affidavit forms from www.ursulinedallas.org/about/careers. Email the completed forms along with a resume, letters of reference, cover letter and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connections working at Ursuline Academy of Dallas
About Ursuline Academy of Dallas
Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women, with enrollment of approximately 860 in grades 9-12. The Academy is the oldest continuously operating school in Dallas, and in 2024 it will celebrate its sesquicentennial (150th) anniversary.
With a distinguished tradition of academic excellence, innovation, and service, Ursuline educates young women for leadership in a global society.
At Ursuline, we aspire for students to meet problems and possibilities with creativity, ingenuity, responsibility, and compassion. As they learn, our students acquire broadly applicable skills and competencies that they can apply flexibly to any challenge. The commitment to the full development of every girl runs deep at Ursuline, through programs that embrace the cherished and timeless core values of an Ursuline education.
Ursuline Academy of Dallas is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest and holds membership in a number of other professional organizations including the National Association of Independent Schools, National Coalition of Girls’ Schools, National Catholic Education Association, OneSchoolhouse, Texas Associa...tion of Private and Parochial Schools, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, Secondary Schools Admission Test Board, and Ursuline Educational Network