Location: Windermere, Florida
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Director of Lacrosse - Head Boys’ Lacrosse Coach/Physical Education Teacher
Organization: Windermere Preparatory School is a private, coeducational PK–12 college preparatory school located on a beautiful 48-acre campus in Southwest Orange County, Florida, within the Orlando metropolitan area. Windermere Preparatory School's academic approach is built on complex problem solving and critical thinking, emphasizes intellectual, personal, emotional and social growth, and culminates with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
Description: Windermere Prep, a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) is seeking a dynamic individual to lead its Boys’ Lacrosse program. In addition to serving as the head boys’ varsity lacrosse coach, the successful candidate will provide leadership, supervision and organization for the entire lacrosse program, including boys and girls as the Program Director. The appointment is a full-time, 10-month position that is associated with a physical education position with benefits scheduled to begin on August 1, 2023. The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous Head Coaching experience at the independent school level. Previous experience teaching Physical Education classes is preferred. Special emphasis will be placed on exemplifying the highest standards of professionalism, leadership, and sportsmanship. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience developing a lacrosse program and players.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of technical and strategic aspects of the game of lacrosse.
- Experience leading and coordinating a team of coaches.
- Ability to communicate effectively with athletes, coaching staff, and parents.
- Ability to teach, lead, motivate student-athletes.
- Proven organizational and management skills.
The ideal candidate would prioritize the personal growth of every player, promote a comprehension of our community's fundamental principles through athletics, provide assistance during the college recruitment process, and aid in the moral and ethical advancement of our student-athletes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the physical and mental skill set of our student-athletes enabling them to excel both in the classroom and on the lacrosse field.
- Develop a strong sense and appreciation for hard work as well as commitment to team, program and school.
- Build a strong team culture that values leadership, responsibility, and respect that aligns with the Windermere Prep mission.
- Maintain accurate team statistics, abide by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) by-laws and stay connected with any changes or amendments.
Windermere Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connections working at Windermere Preparatory School
About Windermere Preparatory School
Windermere Preparatory School is located on a beautiful 48-acre campus in Southwest Orange County. Windermere Preparatory School's academic approach is built on complex problem solving and critical thinking, emphasizes intellectual, personal, emotional and social growth, and culminates with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
Educating The Whole Child
While academic achievement is Windermere Preparatory School's highest priority, it is complemented and enriched by a multitude of resources and extracurricular activities, such as fine and performing arts, athletics, clubs and community service. Through personalized learning and innovative curriculum, committed teachers provide instruction that develops and educates the whole child, both inside and outside the classroom.
To learn more about Windermere Preparatory School, please choose the grade level that applies to you:
Early Childhood – Ages 3-4 (Pre-Kindergarten), Kindergarten
Lower School – Grades One through Five
Middle School – Grades Six through Eight
Upper School – Grades Nine through Twelve
Boarding Program - Grades Seven through Twelve
More Jobs from This Employer