Location: Villanova, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur is seeking a Director of Development for Major Gifts. This frontline gift officer will actively manage the engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of a dynamic portfolio of 125-150 major gift donors and prospects in support of the Academy’s annual priories, capital projects, and endowment. The position will also have a leadership role in the planning and execution of the Academy’s upcoming campaign.
Key Skills and Experiences:
- 3-5 years of frontline annual and/or major gift fundraising experiences with a demonstrable record of meeting performance metrics including (but not limited to) closing 6+ figure gifts and conducting 120+ individual donor meetings annually.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in developing and executing prospect and campaign strategies.
- Poise and ability to cultivate and advance relationships with high-capacity prospects leading to successfully closing philanthropic gifts though a donor-centric approach.
- Polished and persuasive written and verbal communication skills and the ability to express the institution’s mission and priorities with passion and clarity.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and responsibilities; candidate must be self-starter, well-organized, and detail-
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Familiarity with Veracross, or similar CRM, is helpful.
- Willingness to travel regionally and occasionally nationally.
About the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur:
The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur is a premiere independent, college-preparatory, Catholic school for girls and young women in grades 6 through 12. Located on 39 acres in Villanova, Pa, Notre Dame has been educating, empowering, and inspiring students to become compassionate leaders since 1856. At Notre Dame, students explore their interests and express their opinions within an atmosphere of encouragement, and they thrive in a rich learning environment where academic excellence flourishes. Notre Dame alumnae share a deep bond as women of integrity, setting the standard for social responsibility as they lead and serve the world with honor and confidence.
Enriched by the hallmarks of its founders, the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, the Academy became an independent school in 2006. It retains its Catholic identity and values while celebrating the rich diversity of its student body and staff.
In 2020, the Academy successfully completed the $30M Our Time to Inspire comprehensive campaign that funded best-in-class athletic fields, the state-of-the-art Riley Center for STEM Education, and renovations to the iconic Mansion, which is the centerpiece of the campus. Notre Dame is beginning the planning phase for its next campaign, and this position is poised to be a leader in this effort.
The Academy of Notre Dame is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a dynamic, collegial, and supportive work environment with competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Mrs. Peggy Kacergis, Director of Institutional Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2023.
Connections working at Academy of Notre Dame de Namur
About Academy of Notre Dame de Namur
Located just outside Philadelphia, in Villanova, Pennsylvania, the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school that commits itself to the education of young women in grades 6 through 12 for responsible living in a global society.