Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Type: Full Time
Salary: Starts at $47,500.00
Position: Computer Science Teacher, Middle and Upper School, 2023-2024 school year
Reports to Division Head
All Saints Academy was founded in 1966 as St. Paul's Episcopal Parish School under Father Gilbertson and Father Sturrup of Saint Paul's Episcopal Church. The school did not adopt its current name until 1993, when the middle and upper school portions of the facility were added, extending the grades serviced to grade twelve.
Inspiring independent thinkers, principled leaders, and humble learners.
All Saints Academy exemplifies Judeo-Christian values within an Episcopal tradition. We welcome students of all racial, cultural, and religious backgrounds striving to maximize each student's unique potential by instilling a sense of worth that comes with a purpose, direction, commitment, and success.
All Saints Academy, a coeducational day school of approximately 680 students in grades PS2 through 12 in Winter Haven, FL, seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic full-time Computer Science instructor. This teacher should be able to teach Upper School (middle/high school) Computer Science classes from beginning level I to advanced levels (III-IV), as well as Advanced Placement (AP) courses. We are looking for someone who is patient, engaging, and creative in thinking about the art of teaching. Candidates need to be eager to inspire a love of computer science in all students and collaborate with colleagues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All Saints Academy prepares the next generation of learners to have an excellent understanding of computer science in the world around them. Students engage in discovery and problem-based learning to provide an exceptional foundation for developing creative solutions for scientific problems. Upper school curriculum and strategies are designed to support a successful transition from the lower school’s computer science curriculum to middle/upper school curriculum to collegiate science courses. Candidates must have the desire and ability to develop inspirational relationships with motivated students from diverse backgrounds. This teacher should plan to be part of a data-informed, collaborative team, and embrace being an integral component of students’ lives, in the classroom, as a department member, and as an advisor. Candidates must be proficient/familiar with:
- the CS Discoveries & Code.org curriculum;
- Arduino hardware;
- general computer programming;
- have a high degree of comfort in using and supporting computer technology and engineering lab equipment;
- robotics, physics, engineering, and/or artificial intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Software Engineering, with a background in Robotics, Physics, Engineering, and/or Artificial Intelligence. A Master’s Degree with two or more years of experience leading a computer science curriculum is preferred.
- Ability to ??teach AP Computer Science A and AP Computer Science Principles
- Prefer 2 years of Computer Science teaching experience marked by pedagogical innovation and best practices.
- Instruct students on how computers work, including the basic science and mathematics behind their operation and the hardware and the software built on those foundations.
- Competency and comfort with Apple operating system, applications, and devices.
- Cultivate problem-solving skills using real-world scenarios, guiding students to reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Student-centered, dynamic educator who uses a variety of instructional approaches.
- Proven track record of success with student achievement at the Upper School level.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish solid positive working relationships.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Connections working at All Saints Academy
About All Saints Academy
All Saints Academy is conveniently located between Lakeland and Winter Haven in Polk County. Our beautiful 60-acre campus is home to dynamic learning spaces, on-site athletic facilities, and a dedicated Chapel. ASA’s highly qualified faculty fosters self-discipline, sparks enthusiasm, and encourages the academic success and well being of each student. The faculty, administration, and support staff work together as a team to inspire independent thinkers, principled leaders, and humble learners.