Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Type: Full Time
Salary is negotiable, with years of experience and educational level considerations.
Internal Number: Comm Eng - Adv
Community Engagement and Events Coordinator
All Saints’ Episcopal Day School
Start Date: July 1, 2023
The Community Engagement and Events Coordinator at All Saints’ Episcopal Day School is a full-time position within the Advancement Department and reports to the Director of Advancement. This role provides strategic and operational support in the areas of special events, the All Saints’ Parent Association (ASPA), community engagement, and database management. In addition, this role provides administrative support for the Advancement Department, Front Office, and Marketing and Communications.
The ideal candidate is a highly successful collaborator, facilitator, communicator, and implementer—working with colleagues in the Advancement Department and across campus to develop and execute engagement opportunities and foster a culture of philanthropy.
- Work with the Advancement Team to coordinate a variety of fundraising, volunteer training, and donor stewardship events throughout the year, including on-site and off-site events. Assist with event logistics, contacting vendors, coordination with the Marketing and Communication Team, pre-event planning (including creating event invite lists, invitations, etc.), day of tasks, post-event tasks, and managing internal team communication for respective events.
- Community Engagement and Parent Group: Serve as the primary liaison for ASPA by attending meetings, facilitating communication, supporting events, and engaging proactively to assist in effectively implementing ASPA’s mission. ASPA is a thriving support group with over 15 subcommittees executing events and programs to support the All Saints’ community.
- Produce or assist with producing financial, analytical, and demographic reports, mailing lists, recognition lists, and other data extractions, as requested from the Raiser’s Edge database. Serve as the backup for the Raiser’s Edge system and database entry. Coordinate with the Database Support Specialist to continually work on database integrity, clean-up tasks, and updates for the fundraising database.
- Work with Receptionist/Database Support Specialist to ensure that gift receipts and acknowledgment letters are produced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supports the Front Office with daily coverage for lunch and as needed for other occasions.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support evening and weekend events as needed.
- Fundraising, marketing, communications, or other administrative support within non-profit institutions or schools
- Raiser’s Edge database or other fundraising databases
- Project management tools and software to collaborate across departments to keep everyone on track
- The ideal candidate would have an understanding of the principles and practices of nonprofit fundraising and marketing, gift entry and administration, donor stewardship, database administration, and records management
- Google Suite
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be effective at engaging both internal and external community members
- Effective, clear, and timely written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish credibility and confidence with stakeholders
- Be organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and use logic and analysis to troubleshoot problems that arise.
- Exercise decisiveness and sound judgment in situations requiring the evaluation of information to reach creative solutions
- Strong work ethic and initiative in understanding all-school dynamics and proactively responding to a fast-paced environment
- Respect for confidentiality and handling of sensitive information with discretion and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in arts/non-profit administration, business, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in the areas of customer relations, events, education, marketing/communications, and/or non-profits
Application Process and Materials:
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete application packages will be considered. Consideration of all candidates will take place until an offer is made and accepted.
Connections working at All Saints' Episcopal Day School
About All Saints' Episcopal Day School
All Saints' Episcopal Day School in Phoenix, Arizona, is a parish-affiliated pre-k through eighth-grade coeducational institution enrolling approximately 535 students. Situated 10 minutes from downtown in the north-central area of Phoenix, the campus is in an attractive residential area along beautiful tree-shaded streets. The 16-acre campus is shared with All Saints’ Episcopal Church. All Saints’ Episcopal Day School is open and inclusive of all religious traditions and embraces diversity as a value to be sought, including in its employment practices.
All Saints’ is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest and holds membership in the National Association of Independent Schools, the Arizona Association of Independent Schools, the National Association of Episcopal Schools, and the Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools. All Saints’ Episcopal Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.