Location: Houston, Texas
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Annunciation Orthodox School (AOS) seeks a passionate, motivated Assistant Teacher who will support the preparation, planning, and implementation of the daily program under the direction of a Lead Teacher. Candidates should be enthusiastic and energetic, with an initiative for lifelong learning.
Annunciation Orthodox School seeks candidates who are eager to support the school’s mission, as we develop the “hearts and minds” of our students. AOS, as part of its mission, celebrates the diverse characteristics and individual qualities of those that comprise our community. In alignment with our mission, we actively seek to hire candidates of all faiths, races, ethnicities, and backgrounds.
Reports to: Head of Lower School
Start Date: August 1, 2023
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30 AM-3:30 PM with additional time as needed for meetings and professional development.
- Assist in creating a positive, supportive learning environment
- Assist in creating developmentally appropriate, standards-aligned, research-based lesson plans and instructional activities for use in the classroom
- Assist in differentiating lessons and instructional activities to support various student needs
- Observe and assist in the evaluation of student performance
- Build strong, positive relationships and communicate with parents and colleagues
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved and age-appropriate disciplinary procedures
- Work collaboratively with a lead teacher to maximize student engagement and learning
- Encourage communication, critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration
- Actively engage in various forms of professional development
- Model Christian morals, values, ethics, attitudes, and behaviors
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Lead Teacher or Head of Lower School
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in early childhood or elementary education
- Experience in working with children
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to student progress and success
- Passion and enthusiasm for teaching early childhood students
- Knowledge of current best practices in early childhood and elementary education
- Working knowledge of technology (We are a Google school.)
Please provide the following information to this email address: email@example.com
- Cover letter tailored for this position
- Contact information for at least three references
Connections working at Annunciation Orthodox School
About Annunciation Orthodox School
Annunciation Orthodox School, having grown from a ministry of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral, celebrates the diverse and individual qualities of all children and their families. AOS provides a superior education in a secure and stimulating Christian environment which encourages the individual child to achieve academic, spiritual, emotional, social and physical excellence, and to become a responsible member of our society.The school has over 700 students beginning with our Delphi Class (age three years) and ending with eighth grade. The AOS curriculum is stimulating, innovative, student-centered and based on the principles of motivation, hard work, and creativity within a nurturing Christian environment. With its close proximity to the Houston museum and performing arts districts, medical center, major universities, libraries, downtown, and zoo, the acquisition of knowledge occurs outside as well as inside the classroom. The highly qualified faculty is dedicated to challenging the minds of the students and inspiring creative thought. The school's academic program and teaching methods lay the groundwork for high school and beyond. These attributes make AOS a leading indepe...ndent school in the city of Houston.Annunciation Orthodox School, as part of its mission, celebrates the diverse characteristics and individual qualities of those that comprise our community. In alignment with our mission, we actively seek to hire candidates of all faiths, races, ethnicities, and backgrounds.