Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Type: Part Time
Bi-Cultural Hebrew Academy, a Prekindergarten - Grade 12 independent school, is a vibrant and dynamic environment in which to work located in Stamford, CT. BCHA prides itself on cutting edge academics with a child-centered approach. The school embraces a culture of collaboration with a genuine commitment to professional development enabling our staff to be lifelong learners as we teach our students. Our school provides the opportunity to work in a stimulating, inspiring and rewarding environment, and we are committed to providing a premier educational experience by bringing new ideas, opportunities, people, skills and experiences to our students.
We are currently seeking a part or full-time Lower School Judaic Studies (Limmudei Kodesh) for the 2023-24 academic year.
Experience and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree education or a related field; advanced degree(s) preferable, not required
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with Chumash
- Ability to lead Tefillah and Jewish informal programming
- Proficient knowledge of Hebrew
- A solid understanding of child development, varied learning styles, and effective strategies for dealing with such differences
- Commitment to professional development.
- Patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor
- Well-developed, effective classroom management skills
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Works well in a collaborative model with administrators, teachers and parents
- Experience with integrating technology into the classroom
- Ability to engage and inspire students, parents, and families
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Reports to: Director of Judaics; Lower School Principal