Location: Dover, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Salary: Based on Experience
Charles River School is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school in Dover, MA, which is just 16 miles west of Boston. CRS nurtures each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking an energetic middle school educator to co-teach sixth grade. This teacher will be responsible for planning and implementing the sixth grade math and science curriculum, as well as collaborating on other aspects of the curriculum, including the health and wellness curriculum and the teaching of digital citizenship.
- Collaborating with the Grade 6 Humanities Teacher to create thematic links between the STEM and humanities programs
- Providing support to students in social, emotional, and academic areas
- Working with upper elementary teachers and other middle school teachers to maintain consistency in the math and science curricula from year to year
- Communicating with parents about classroom events and student progress
- Participating as a full member of the CRS faculty (e.g., participating in recess and carpool duties, attending weekly meetings, serving on a committee, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to community, equity, and inclusion in instructional practice and pedagogical approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Enthusiasm for working with middle school students
- Commitment to the CRS middle school belief in active engagement with the school community and the world beyond us
- Excellent classroom management, including communicating and maintaining course expectations and behavioral boundaries
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of current educational technology
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who will contribute and are committed to a diverse school community and inclusive educational practices. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include Grade 6 Math and Science in the subject line) and fill out the CRS Employment Application by clicking this link: https://forms.gle/KuQLJ6nF8ctLecLG7.
Connections working at Charles River School
About Charles River School
Charles River School is a PreKindergarten through Grade 8 independent school that honors the pursuit of academic excellence and the joy of childhood. Conveniently located in Boston's MetroWest, its 16-acre campus is home to state-of-the-art buildings and facilities that serve more than 190 students. CRS students learn to use both inquiry and creativity to build practical skills, discover new interests and take responsibility for themselves, their communities, and the future. To learn more, visit www.charlesriverschool.org.