Location: Columbus, Ohio
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Columbus School for Girls (CSG) is an independent day school in Columbus, Ohio, founded in 1898, serving diverse students in grades pre-k through grade 12. CSG empowers girls to discover their distinct potential as learners and leaders. As a leader in the education of girls and young women, it is a vibrant community of more than 500 students, 120 faculty and staff, and 3,000 active alumnae. To learn more about our distinguished academic program, please review our school overview here. CSG’s 8-acre academic campus in the beautiful Bexley neighborhood is a ten-minute drive from downtown Columbus, a city bustling with artistic, civic, and shopping experiences. Having just completed a strategic plan to guide the School’s direction over the next several years, CSG offers an exceptional, student-centered academic experience with strong offerings in the arts, an impressive athletic program, and a health and wellness curriculum that is unique in Central Ohio. This combination of academics and skills ensures that CSG students will be well-prepared for life beyond CSG.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Academic & Information Technology is responsible for providing the vision, leadership, and management of all academic and information technology systems and services to advance the mission of Columbus School for Girls. In coordination with the senior leadership team, this new role sets the strategic direction and is personally involved with the practical implementation of that direction in the academic program and operations of the school.
Leadership Requirements and Competencies:
- A collaborative, cooperative, empathetic, and innovative leader with a high emotional quotient who is able to work with constituents with varying levels of technological competence.
- Teacher-leader orientation with a willingness and ability to implement professional development training for faculty and staff.
- Action oriented, “hands-on” project leader who plans and executes in detail, making difficult decisions and taking end-to-end responsibility for achieving results.
- Provide vision and leadership for technology for all CSG operations that can take CSG into the future, enabling growth and ensuring the compatibility of systems and strategy across the entire organization.
- Collaborate with the other senior leaders of the school and within cross-functional teams to understand the schools’ challenges in order to implement solutions that deliver measurable results and support technological innovation in classrooms.
- Lead and oversee the implementation of a collaborative process to develop a strategic vision and multi-year plan for technology that is aligned to the school’s overall strategic plan, values, culture, and departmental needs.
- Participate in and lead school management discussions around IT initiatives, including project scoping, project approval, project execution, cost management, and all internal and external relationships related to technology platforms.
- Model and support best practices in innovation, technology integration, and instructional design.
- Ensure the performance, maintenance, and integrity of all technology systems with a focus on innovation, security and efficiency.
- Manage operations of critical technology platforms, systems ( SIS, LMS etc.) database creation and management.
- Set policy, regulations, system standards, and operating procedures for use of technology including the establishment and management of the Data & Analytics Strategy.
- Establish, Manage and Drive IT vendor relationships, manage the IT budget, and work in partnership with CFO to find efficiencies and cost savings.
- Provide expertise in cyber security, and a strategic mindset to ensure that your organization is prepared to meet the evolving challenges of the digital age.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive IT professional experience, including experience at a management level with supervision of customer-service oriented teams and budget oversight responsibilities.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning, delivery, project management, and policy development.
- Experience working in K-12 schools, higher ed or as a classroom teacher (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the complexity of systems in a school with an ability to strategically sync operations to ensure security and maximize efficiency across academics and operations.
- Knowledge of best practices in academic and informational technology and engagement in related professional organizations.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Columbus School for Girls, we encourage you to apply!
Interested candidates should apply on the Career page of our website at: https://www.columbusschoolforgirls.org/about/careers and submit a cover letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for this specific position including a resume.
Columbus School for Girls celebrates the diversity of our school and local communities including race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world in our educational program, admissions, financial aid program, staff hiring, and other school-administered programs.
Connections working at Columbus School for Girls
About Columbus School for Girls
Columbus School for Girls (CSG), located in Columbus Ohio, is an independent, college preparatory day school with a total enrollment of 503 girls. Founded in 1898, CSG is dedicated to girls’ intellectual, social, and ethical growth from early childhood through twelfth grade. The school is characterized by challenging academics, enriching arts and athletics, supportive relationships, and a range of diversity. Each CSG girl is empowered to discover her true voice and embrace her full potential amid the challenges and opportunities of a global and dynamic world.