Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
Position: 7-12 Spanish Teacher
Reports to: World Language Department Chair, Assistant Headmaster for Academic Affairs
Contract Length: 10 months
Delbarton School, an independent Benedictine Catholic school for young men in grades 7-12 seeks excellent candidates for the role of Spanish teacher. Candidates should be compelling teachers who are confident in their capacity to create and deliver a dynamic, engaging, and challenging curriculum to middle and high school students. In addition to their teaching assignments, all faculty are expected to contribute to the life of the school community through coaching and/or moderating student activities. The preferred candidate is enthusiastic about language with a degree in a related field of study.
- Advances the Benedictine Catholic mission and philosophy of Delbarton School in all professional duties.
- Adheres to all school policies and regulations, while supporting the school’s spiritual, artistic, and educational mission.
- Maintains a positive and engaging classroom environment where students are encouraged and challenged at all levels of development.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and the Administration to foster a dynamic literary community where students create, collaborate, and serve.
- Demonstrates and effectively communicates knowledge of and competency in Spanish curriculum; organizes learning materials to maximize time, as well as engages and motivates students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Attributes)
- Undergraduate degree in Spanish or related field and/or Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Background in Speech and Debate a plus.
- Possesses ability to effectively teach and assess an academically gifted and diverse student population.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- History of collegiality and collaboration with other colleagues, teachers and administrators.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse learning profiles.
- Innovative, creative, and flexible teaching style.
- Understands the developmental needs of students and how they learn best.
- Demonstrated and direct experience using a wide range of instructional technology tools.
- Regularly lifting or carrying 1-20 lbs.
- Regular pushing/pulling/bending/stooping/kneeling
- Regularly climbing stairs**
- Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
- Requires physical presence, work to be performed on campus
- ** Denotes essential functions of the position
Disclaimer: The above describes the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals hired into this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Delbarton reserves the right to change any or all content of this job description based on business needs. The incumbent, if applicable, will be notified of any changes before they become effective. Delbarton School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Connections working at Delbarton School
About Delbarton School
Delbarton is a Roman Catholic school for boys, grades 7-12, operated by the Benedictine Monks of St. Mary's Abbey. Delbarton School is founded on the 1500-year tradition of Benedictine learning which, based on the fundamental values that spring from the Judeo-Christian tradition, seeks to develop the whole person, both as an individual creature of spirit, mind, and body, and as a member of a community.